Part 10: Caleb Over Dan

Sun. Finally after a week of pathetic depressing grey weather, I was kindly awoken by the sun rays that pierced through my blinds.

I happily got up, got into a grey thin strap square crop top, black high waisted skater skirt and a pair of black drilled leather peep toe ankle boots. I didn't bother having breakfast seeing as I had already woken up late, so I made my way straight to school.

Dan and I still weren't on the best of terms. In the past two days, we have texted and talked in school but it was still awkward. I guess that's what happens when you fight and the unreasonable person is too proud to step up and try to make things better. I wasn't going to apologise, it wasn't my fault.

"How was it?" I asked Bella as she joined me at lunch.

"Amazing." She grinned. "This is why I'm with him for two years!"

I laughed, genuinely happy for my best friend. "What did he plan?"

"So when I arrived at his house, there was a rose trail up the porch, through the length of his house and to the garden. Ever so often there would be a rose for me to pick up so by the time I reached him I had a bouquet." She told me. I watched as her yes sparkled as she spoke of Conner and it made me extremely happy. "I found him sitting in his garden on a picnic blanket, with champagne and dinner. There were fairy lights surrounding us all over the trees and candles between me and him on the blanket. It was beautiful."

I grinned at my best friend. "That sounds so amazing! And you were scared he forgot!"

"I'm never doubting him again." She laughed. "Have you spoken to Dan yet?"

"We're speaking," I told her. "But it's so damn awkward. Like, after so many years how are we unable to sort out such a small quarrel?"

"He's holding a grudge." She pointed out. "He knows it's his fault."

I shook my head. "I genuinely don't think he does Bel. I think he's positive that I'm the one in the wrong."

"Are you meeting up with Caleb today?" Bella asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, Dan doesn't know though."

"Do you think it's a good idea."

"No." I sighed. "If Dan finds out he'll go mental. But Caleb isn't coping with this whole Rachel situation and I'll be a bitch if I refuse to help him after I offered."

Bella shook her head. "I really wouldn't want to be you right now."

"There's not much of a choice I can make." I told her.

Bella opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted by Conner who has just come with Dan and joined us at the table. "Hey girls."

"Hey Conner." I smiled, feeling Dan's stare at me.

Bella looked at Conner suggestively. "Babe, maybe we should give Abbie and Dan a minute."

Conner immediately got the hint, getting up along with Bella. "See you later guys."

Dan waited for them to walk away before turning to me. "Abbie this is getting exhausting."

I nodded. "I know."

"I don't want to fight and argue with you." He told me. "Can we go out after school today? Grab something to eat and sort this out?"

Finally! It was actually sounding like Dan was planning to apologise, and I was about to accept before I realised that I couldn't. I debated in my head whether I should make up an excuse or just tell him the truth.

"I'm sorry Dan I can't." I admitted. "I promised Caleb.." I trailed off as I saw Dan's face drop. "Dan, there's actually a reason behind this!"

"Which is?"