Part 13: Kidnapped

It had been almost a week since I met up with Caleb. It was also the last time I saw him. I wasn't seeing him at school and I was pretty sure he was avoiding me. At first I was worried that maybe something had happened to him, but Dan hadn't mentioned Caleb missing from home so I guessed everything was okay.

I slipped on a black pair of ripped denim high waisted mom shorts, a black thing strap crop top with a knot at the front, and a pair of black lace up leather boots on a heel. I quickly grabbed my denim jacket and left the house, getting behind the wheel. I was so desperate for this week to end, I couldn't get to school fast enough. As I turned the key in the ignition, I got alerted about an incoming text.

From; Bella
Morning! Can you get me some gum on the way to school?

To; Bella
Gum?

From; Bella
Yeah gum. I don't have any and I need to be in early for that stupid speech so I won't be able to get any cos I'm already running late.

To; Bella
That's what you get for being head girl.

From; Bella
Don't be jealous and just get me gum.

To; Bella
K

'K' that's how I prove my authority.

10 minutes later I was on the high road, parking my car, just outside the little cafe I spent Monday morning with Caleb in. As I left the car, all I could think about was Caleb. I lied when I said I stopped worrying. I cared, too much for my liking or safety. I didn't want him to get hurt or do anything that he would regret later on but at the same time I couldn't let him think he could just endanger me and not explain--

"Don't scream. Don't bite. Don't kick. Or you will regret it in an instant." The voice growled in my ear before my hands were being pinned and tied behind my back and a cloth was being stuffed in my mouth. My eyes were popping as I tried gasping for air at the same time as trying to spit out the cloth ball but soon everything went black as I felt a bag being pulled over my head. I tried screaming and kicking but it was no help. I couldn't see anyone, not even the people that were doing this to me. They started dragging me backwards before picking me up. My heart started beating like crazy, not knowing what was going to happen until I got placed back down and heard a pair of doors slam, before the engine growled and I felt my surroundings shaking. I was in a van. They were driving, taking me away. The rapid heartbeat and lack of breathe made me gasp more and more for the air couldn't get. I was panicking, shaking. What was happening? Who were these people?! Where was I going? Were they going to rape me? Kill me? I tried letting a grunt out but the cloth was blocking any escape or entrance. And suddenly I felt light, like I was drifting, before I felt my eyes give up and felt myself calm down.

Air. Air. That's all I felt as I gasped for it. It felt like taking in a breathe for the first time after swimming up from the sea. I couldn't get enough of it, the invisible particles burning my throat. I risked opening my eyes, slowly adjusting to the light, which there wasn't much of. I traced every inch around me. I was alone. Completely. The cold stone walls were scribbled with curse words, tally charts, promises and apologies. There was a small barred window in the right hand corner of the back wall, letting in the small amount of light. Finally, a brown rusty steel door, filled with large nails, suggesting just how tough it was. Was I in a prison? I helped myself up on my elbows but had to quickly lean back against the wall. Everything was hurting. Everything. I scanned every inch of my body that I could see, bit by bit. My arms were sore, and there were burns around my wrists from the ropes that I had around them earlier, my knees were scraped, probably from the fall when they threw me in this cell, my right ankle bleeding. Most importantly though, my clothes and underwear was on, and I felt like that partly calmed me down. However, the uncertainty of what was to come still made my heart practically jump out of my chest.