Nightmare 1: Return

TAKE NOTE:

DO NOT read this unless you have read "Killer Romance" or played the game, as this is the second book in the series.

To all of you who have read KR, thank you so much! I hope you enjoy the sequel. This story has been amazing to write, and I can't wait to share it with you.

-+-

It was never meant to continue.

But stories don't always have endings.

All you ever wanted was to be loved. Deep down, you had an inner passion for lust. You wanted someone to be affectionate and sincere towards you. Sadly, you weren't allowed to experience that. Your fate was to fall in love with the one that would end up to be your worst enemy.

"How did he get in your house?"

The officer, Officer Joe, sat in front of you, clipboard in hand. He had his cleaned uniform on, but his shoes were covered in mud. He tapped the pen in his left hand on the board over and over again as a sigh escaped his lips. Occasionally, the tapping would seize and become dead noise, allowing your ears to ring, but you didn't like that high-pitched sound at all.

"I let him in."

You sat across from the officer, looking down with your hands together in your lap and your knees plastered together. After weeks of wearing a hospital gown, you were finally allowed to put on some normal clothes. They weren't thick, so you were kind of cold in the metallic, air-conditioned room. It was an uncomfortable feeling.

Joe looked south at his clipboard again and scratched his head before jotting something down. He stopped mid-sentence and looked back up at you.

"Can you explain further," he mumbled, tapping the pen again, "on what he did."

This was the first time you were interrogated. Surprisingly, no one came to the hospital to question you. You were left alone to dwell on your experience for a month. Maybe they wanted you to forget about the traumatic issues or even the entire ordeal. You didn't trust police officers, so who would know what types of tricks they play behind the curtains?

You glanced over at the camera in the corner of the room and sighed. You didn't exactly want to be there any longer.

"I trusted him," you muttered.

As the words came out of your mouth, your mind was filled with memories of the good times, the ones where you were happy and completely oblivious to the world.

"I didn't think he would-"

You stopped your sentence when your eyes sagged and you felt a wall of sadness hit your face. It was as strong a feeling as what a bull feels towards the color red when provoked. Too bad bulls don't actually like the color. It's just the act put on by the trainer that gives that appearance.

"Okay," Joe sighed as he readjusted his position in the chair. "I think that's enough for today."

He stood up and clicked the pen before attaching it to the clipboard. You nodded slightly and looked up at him with a pitiful glance.

"You gave us a description earlier... Well, two, actually," he announced while shuffling through a couple papers on the desk. He pulled a thick pile out of a large stack and held up one sheet.

It was a drawing of Jeff, but his hair was too chestnut and his eyes were too blue. Or maybe you lost your sense of color with him? He seemed to make everything so... dull. Anyways, you knew that they couldn't catch him with such an absurdly abstract picture.