Nightmare 14: Revolve

Recap:

Laughter echoed down a hallway and made its way into the room. You faced the direction it came from and saw a shadow walking towards you.

"Who are you?!" you yelled at it, ready to grab Jeff's arm and run with him.

The creature stepped into the light and you immediately recognized it.

"Well, that's a nice welcome," laughed the cone nosed boy.

-+-

The cone nosed boy stared at you and gave out a laugh that rang throughout your feeble bones.

"Aren't ya gonna show me around, Jeffy boy?" he mocked.

Jeff widened his pupils as he asked, "D-Do I know this guy?"

You grabbed hold of his arm and dashed towards the stairs, knocking over trays and chucking tools towards the floor. You were a fool to hope that a wrench or scalpel would trip a monster like him.

At the bottom of the steps, another boy emerged from the shadows. This one wore a royal blue mask decorated with black goo falling from large, gaping holes that were carved in place of the eyes.

He laughed, "I was a big fan of you, so I came back for more."

What was he talking about?

You glanced at Jeff as he looked back at you, a peculiar expression molded to your features.

The clown boy shuffled behind you and said, "We won't hurt you yet."

"Right," the eyeless boy muttered. "We need a couple things from you two first."

"Jeff doesn't have his memories!" you blurted out, hoping that it would make them back off.

"Oh, really now?" the eyeless boy questioned. "So he won't remember his old buddy, Eyeless Jack?"

"And I, Laughing Jack?" the clown mocked.

You looked back and forth between the two and pleaded, "Can you please not hurt us? This isn't the best time to be-"

"Shut up," Laughing Jack sighed. "Do you think we care?"

Eyeless Jack sarcastically added, "We only wanna kill you and eat all your insides."

You started to panic and hold on to Jeff tighter. You noticed his that his expression was changing and that he seemed extremely nervous, but you could also tell that he was trying to be brave and comfort you. The situation was strange, but he didn't see it as anything unrealistic.

"Get away from us," he said. "I won't hold back from killing you."

Why would he say that?

"Jeff," the clown laughed, "again, you know you can't kill me."

You heard the door at the top of the stairs creak open and slam shut. The two Jacks froze and kept their gazes plastered on the steps.

Dr. Smiley popped his head around the corner and smiled.

"Hello Jack," he greeted. "Oh! It seems the other Jack is here as well. Hello to you too."

You let out a breath, relieved that he was there to possibly save you. Then again, he was to be your downfall.

The doctor started to walk with his hands behind his back to join the group. Eyeless Jack stepped away and stood beside Laughing Jack.

"Sorry that you can't stay any longer," Smiley muttered. "We have a lot going on at the moment."