fifty two.

The truck ended up being very uncomfortable.

Obviously, comfort was the last thing that should've been on her mind right now, but Nari's butt was so numb from the hard seats that it was difficult to think of much else.

Other than that, the ride was quiet. Every once in a while, Hyunjin's thumb would rub the back of her hand, bringing her back to reality and grounding her.

All the other members were silent, but by the way Seungmin was gnawing on his lip and Changbin was tapping his leg, she knew they were all as scared as she was.

After what seemed like an eternity of driving, Chan turned in his seat and folded his hands. "We're coming up on our stop. Enhypen has their aircrafts - helicopters - on standby, so once the word is given, they'll start the bombing with NCT. We'll have to be ready to infiltrate the building right after that, so everyone stay focused and watch for my signals. Got it?"

A unanimous hum of acknowledgment filled the vehicle. Chan put his fist out, waiting for the other to follow. One by one, they added their hands.

"1, 2, let's go," they chanted, a kind of tradition to get in the correct mentality for the situation that lay ahead. But it did nothing to stop Nari from impulsively picking at her nail beds.

The truck rumbled to a halt and the kids held their breath, straining to hear any possible commotion. They all winced as the the transmitters in their ears crackled on, and the leader of Enhypen's voice filtered through.

"We're in position, Chan," Jungwon said in a low tone. "Ready on the signal."

Chan met his members eyes one by one, taking one last deep breath. "Begin."

The faint sound of helicopter blades made Nari peek out one of the windows instinctively, but she could see nothing. The huge wash of light over the night sky mixed with the vehicle shaking was more difficult to miss.

Felix's hand shot out to grab hers, his eyes reflecting the mild shock on her face. This was really happening.

The ground continued rumbling, the kids' faces being lit up at intervals from the huge explosions. Finally, though, the area calmed down. It was silent.

Until the soft shriek of bullets began to pierce the air. Aespa were already cleaning up then.

Chan made a small motion with his hand and everyone stood, quietly exiting the vehicle and immediately scanning for threats.

The air was thick with smoke, and Nari raised an arm to her mouth to keep from coughing. Her watery eyes lifted towards the massive building that was Sicarius's HQ.

There were armed guards racing out of the entrance, but most only made it so far before one of the girls picked them off from a mile away. Whoever made it past them was quickly removed by the NCT members on standby.

     A hand landed on Nari's shoulder and she jumped, whirling around with a hand placed on the knife strapped to her thigh.

     Her brother chuckled with no humor. "Nice reaction time. Now come on, follow me."

The group carefully crept where Taeyong directed them, in the shadows a couple hundred feet from the main entrance.

"As soon as the smoke gets a little heavier, we'll use the cover to advance and secure the area. Stay focused," he ordered, then disappeared into the haze.

Nari was handed a special black mask and gratefully slid it on, her breaths evening out as she breathed clean but stuffy air.

A man approached them, rifle in his hands as he jogged. "We're leading the charge now, stay close."