sneak peak: Amaranthine.

Sneak peak at my next book ;)
published on my profile now

Amaranthine
adj. : undying, ceaseless, eternal.

prologue.

     Hell isn't hot.

It actually verged on uncomfortably cool most of the time, but no one ever complained much. They were too dead to care.

A little boy sat dangerously close to the edge of an endless chasm, charcoal wings unfolded and lazily sprawling behind him. His fingers dug into the sulfurous grit that lay all over the ground, his nails turning black with the stuff.

He lifted his gaze to the massive obsidian palace he was waiting a few hundred yards from; his father's palace. Now, his father wasn't the King of Hell or anything. He was an adviser on Lucifer's council, ranked high enough on the social ladder that he was treated like royalty.

     Woeful, the boy stared at the top of the palace, where smoky, winged creatures were diving and shrieking at each other. A small
amount of dingy light emanated from several glowing streams that hissed with poison, filled with demon-fish that would bite fingers off without a second thought.

He hated being here with his father. He was often treated like a piece of interesting artwork: everyone was curious and wanted to steal a glimpse, but no one lingered for too long.

A crack of purple lightning stretched across hazy clouds, the varying shades like bruises against the ebony sky. The boy dared to glance up at the palace as it was lit up, jagged shadows being cast on the ground as the sky crackled.

     A meeting was currently being held inside of that castle. A meeting that concerned him.

The boy knew that his future was being debated inside. He knew that what he had done was stupid, an ignorant action that he wasn't sure he regretted at all. But it was out of his hands now.

     He just wondered what his punishment would be, and if he should've chosen a different path after all.

-

     "Death would be a suitable fate in this situation."

     The boy's father dropped to his knees, shame tickling the back of his neck even as he pleaded for his son's life.

     "I beg you, please spare his life, my Lord. He's only a boy," the man groveled, eyes skimming the floor as he scrambled for the words that would change his master's mind.

     It was useless, however.

     "The boy committed a terrible crime," Lucifer shook his head, wispy black hair swaying as his ornate crown slipped a bit. "There are few other ways to set an example for such a heinous act."

     The councilman's mind was going a mile a minute, his son's small, confused face stuck in his head as he desperately searched for a solution.

     Suddenly he gasped, head jerking up towards Lucifer as if lightning had struck him. As he said the words, he knew his son would hate him for this, even if it meant that his life would be spared.

     But there was no other way. His hands shook as he placated his Master one more time.

     "My Lord... I have an idea."

rough draft

rough draft

can't wait to introduce you to my new lead
stay tuned<3

🎉 You've finished reading √ 𝐸𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑟𝑣𝑒𝑠𝑐𝑒𝑛𝑡 // 𝐻𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑔 𝐻𝑦𝑢𝑛𝑗𝑖𝑛 🎉