fifty three.

Hyunjin's p.o.v.

     Woojin stifled a sob, lips trembling as he shook his head helplessly. "I'm sorry, I tried but they – "

     The man with his gun to Woojin's head backhanded the boy in a blur of motion, blood spraying as he fell to his knees and grimaced in pain at the weight on his wounded thigh.

     Hyunjin clenched his jaw and forced himself to stay rooted to the floor. "How did you know he was working with us?" he gritted out, gazing on Woojin's crumpled form.

"We have so many eyes here, my boy," Sungho sighed with little sincerity, "you were never going to pull off this little revolution."

Hyunjin blanched suddenly, instinctively knowing that the others had come up right behind him, and was begging them to run in his mind; but the telltale click of a gun behind his shoulder shattered his heart, and he knew they had been surrounded.

     "I've been looking forward to finding you for such a long time," Sungho purred, his eyes trailing greedily up Hyunjin's frame. "Tell me, exactly how long did it take you to realize your member's deception? He's been aiding us for quite some time, I'm so curious!"

     A tear streaked down Woojins's bowed face, and Hyunjin grimaced and looked away.

     Chan growled angrily, earning the butt of a gun slamming violently into his shoulder blades. He didn't so much as wince at the blow.

     "You're under attack, Gwan Sungho. I assume the men in this room are the biggest detail you could muster due to your current missing and casualty numbers? Make no mistake, you are the captive here. Now, will you surrender or will you die?"

     Sungho blinked slowly, apparently unused to receiving any form of defiance, especially from a person as young as Chan. Then he threw his head back in boisterous laughter, and Hyunjin felt Nari flinch behind him. The movement caught the Boss's attention, and he peered into the doorway as he continued laughing.

     "I had assumed I was very familiar with all of your members, but who is that tiny thing behind you, my boy?"

     Hyunjin stiffened as Nari was suddenly shoved onto the floor beside him, her palms sliding awkwardly on the slick floor. He almost spun around and broke the neck of the man who did it, but they were too vulnerable to make a move. Not yet.

     The man leered at Nari, whose eyes could've burned holes through his head. "My, she looks awful! I assume a visit to our rooms downstairs is to blame for that?"

     He tsked, waving a hand and dismissing her with less than no interest. Chan gently pulled her up and close to him, tucking her under his arm with barely controlled fury on his face.

     "It doesn't matter if this is the only detail I can muster, we are Sicarius. The best! We would not need large numbers to level a city! Five of my men could accomplish in a day what your gang could in months! Threaten all you like, boy, but you're outmatched here. Give in. And give me what is mine," he finished, sliding his eyes at Hyunjin.

     There was silence then, only disturbed by the sounds of Woojin's stifled suffering. Sungho's eyes glistened with triumph, already so certain that his victory was secured. And that his ultimate prize was back in his possession. But he had failed to factor in one more calculation.

     "We may not have numbers," Chan's voice filtered in softly through the heavy silence. "But we do have something you don't."

     "Your prodigy."

     Sungho narrowed his eyes as Chan gave Woojin a small, subtle signal with his hand, and the older boy clicked a tiny device that had been hidden in his pocket. Their last resort.

     Immediately, every Sicarius agent doubled over in excruciating pain, an intense, harmful sound suddenly wailing through their identical earpieces.

     "Hyunjin, now!"

     The boy felt like everything was going in slow motion as he deftly crouched and slung his weapons out in one movement, effectively eliminating every man barricaded around his members in the hallway behind him with quick shots.

     Time resumed when the last man fell, and a furious roar echoed through the comms room as Chan wheeled around and ran with his group into the winding hallways, Sungho and his men hot on their heels.

     In the chaos, the group got separated, and Nari's fear stricken face urged Hyunjin to move her along faster, but her recovering body couldn't handle it. As he pulled her into a darkened office room, she coughed violently into her elbow, attempting to stifle as much noise as possible. Hyunjin threw himself down behind a random desk, muffling her coughs with his own hands as men raced past the door outside.

     "Nari please," he begged uselessly. She nodded her head as she painfully swallowed the sounds back over and over.

     "Listen, I'm going to go back out there and try to pick some of their men off, okay? Stay here," he whispered, kissing her forehead before checking on his weapons quickly.

     And his heart dropped as he heard the door click open with barely a whisper.

     "You can't hide, my boy. I'm coming for you."

• • •

Chan's p.o.v.

     It had fallen apart so fast.

     Chan kept yelling at the others to hurry, to run faster. But to where? His mind went blank on the floor plans now, and Hyunjin had gotten cut off from him. He had no idea where he was going.

     The next corner he turned, someone was there and waiting for him. Chan sharply threw a fist out and caught their temple, and the man slumped to the ground as his fellows ran up behind his body, poised to attack.

     Seungmin, Jeongin, and Changbin were still with him, weapons at the ready as they were cornered again. Jeongin's face was damp with sweat and his jaw chattered from exertion, but his hands remained steady. Chan couldn't help but be proud in the moment.

     "Stand down," one of the Sicarius guards barked at Chan. But the leader's fists remained raised, a knife gripped in one hand now.

     "Take them," the guard said flatly, raising his gun as his finger clasped the trigger. The kids braced themselves, ready to fight for what might be the last time, as long as it was together.

     As the guards tensed to shoot, one of them turned on the others and opened fire. Chan quickly took advantage of the situation and disarmed the guard before him, swiftly angling his blade up and between the man's ribs before releasing his lifeless body.

     He warily faced the traitor who had aided them, but relaxed as they removed their mask.

     "Soobin, thank God. Where are your others?"

     "We couldn't track down Sungho, so we stole these uniforms and split up to try and figure out his whereabouts. What about you? You're missing five?" he asked worriedly, eyebrows creasing as he wiped his sweaty hair off of his forehead.

     "Only split up," Chan assured him. "But we need to find them. Stay with us?"

     The other leader nodded, donning his mask again before gesturing at Chan.

     "Lead the way."

probably typos but idc