twenty six.

As the announcement died down, the group halted, their eyes narrowing and darting around at each other accusingly.

     Hyunjin glared at Jisung, an accusatory look laced in his eyes. "What did you do this time?"

     The boy pouted, his cheeks puffing out and  enhancing how annoyed he was. "I didn't do anything!"

     Raising an eyebrow, Hyunjin crossed his arms and waited. Jisung rolled his eyes, scoffing.

     "This time. I didn't do anything this time," he reluctantly admitted.

     Felix huffed out a sigh, clearly not loving the situation. "Well what do they want us for then?"

     Unbothered by the whole ordeal, Seungmin shrugged and raised his hands. "Don't know. Let's just get it over with."

     Chenle nodded at the group and turned to leave, slowly walking backwards down the hall. "I'll meet you guys later then." He grinned at Nari and gave her a little wave before walking off.

     "Let's go," Hyunjin said, tugging Nari's elbow.

     Even thought they were annoyed with the sudden summoning, the group was curious as they found their way to the principal's office, wondering what they could possibly be wanted for.

     A lady was sitting at a desk outside of the principal's door, typing away at a computer. Her expression was bored as she monotonously clicked at her keyboard. Eyes sliding up as the kids approached, she glanced down at a sheet of paper to read their names off of her list.

     "You can go on in," she muttered, shifting her attention back to her computer screen. Seungmin stepped forward and opened the door without giving her a passing glance, but stopped when he saw who was waiting inside for them.

     Nari pushed foward and frowned. "Chan? What in the world are you doing here?"

     The older boy's face was creased with worry as he ignored Nari and counted off how many were in their group. When he only counted five, his face became even more worried. "Where's Jeongin?"

     "Right here," the youngest said as he appeared behind the others, a confused look on his face.

     Chan let out a relieved sigh and motioned for all of them to come in, shutting the door behind them. The principal sat silently behind his desk, looking a little miffed at Chan's assertiveness.

     "I still dont understand why these students are needed away from school so much, Mr. Bang. You've asked me to let them out for the rest of the school day when they've already missed weeks of work."

     "This is a family emergency, sir," Chan assured him, his diplomatic side showing. "The past few months have been a very hectic and hard time for us. I'm afraid we're desperately needed elsewhere."

     This seemed to ease a little bit of the principal's concern, and he backed off. "Alright, they're free to go with you."

    Chan bowed quickly and ushered the kids back outside, rushing them down the school hallway. He held especially tight to Nari, his hand planted firmly on her arm.

     She struggled in his solid grip, the pressure of his fingers hurting her. "Chan, slow down!"

     "No time," he replied shortly, opening a side door for the boys to exit through. "We need to get home."

     Trusting that her leader had a good reason for this, Nari clamped her teeth together and allowed him to escort her to the car. Chan made sure that she was safely inside, and buckled, before jumping into the driver's seat.