fifty four.

// tw //

Hyunjin's p.o.v.

That voice.

The one that filled his nightmares.

The one that had forced him, a child, to do unspeakable things to himself and others.

"Discipline requires pain. You disobeyed me. Now, take the lighter. Yes. Turn it on. Now, which hand did you disobey me with? Hold it over the flame. When can you stop?... until l tell you to stop."

Of course, he wasn't scarred anymore. They never let him be. The constant use of both hands meant he couldn't have considerable wounds or scar tissue, or else his ability to perform well could be inhibited. If it ever went too far, though,  Sicarius had excellent doctors.

Hyunjin clenched his hand into a tight fist. The hand that had disobeyed his old master, would be the hand that killed him too.

"Come and get me," he whispered, silently tucking Nari close to the desk before prowling away on the ground, keeping Sungho's shadow in his vision as he mulled the best way to sneak up.

"Come now, Hyunjin. You can't possibly believe that you'll win this?"

He glanced at his gun, counting out how many bullets he had left. Sungho shut the office door and began to slink around the room.

     "Even if you could succeed today, Sicarius is a worldwide organization. The richest and most powerful, most disciplined and feared mafia in the world," he crooned, eyes sweeping the shadows for the boy.

     Hyunjin maneuvered himself towards another desk behind the man as he continued speaking, shaking the nerves out of his hands.

     "If you came back to us, you could be forgiven."

     He froze.

     "You could be reinstated, given a position that reflected your previous glory. Do you not want that? You were feared, my boy! You have so much power over this place still, you could be magnificent."

     Hyunjin slid his index finger against his gun to soothe himself. What the hell was Sungho saying?

     "Of course, none of your friends would be able to join, they're much to old to learn our ways now. We could have a place for the girl, Nari, however," Sungho mused. "Strong bloodlines are always a necessity, and you could even keep her for yourself!"

     Something hot snapped painfully in his chest, and Hyunjin flew out of his hiding spot and whirled towards Sungho; his gun focused on the back of the man's head for a single moment before getting jerked away. The shot went wide and was a piercing noise in the closed off space.

     "Keep her name out of your mouth."

     "Oh my," Sungho sneered. "I should've used her as a bargaining chip ages ago."

     He shoved Hyunjin away with a grunt and drew his own weapon in a blur of movement, the two mirroring each other. Hyunjin's heart pounded in his chest, but his gun remained steadily focused on his enemy.

     "Are you sure you want to turn this offer down? It won't come again."

     The boy narrowed his eyes, sick and tired of this psychopath. "Shut up."

     He fired again and dove for cover, but didn't hear Sungho make any noise. He had missed.

     There was shuffling, and suddenly the man appeared over the desk he was crouched behind. Hyunjin narrowly avoided several of his shots, his own gun getting lost as he rolled and twisted around the scattered desks.