eighteen.

Hyunjin's p.o.v.

     He was losing his mind.

     He couldn't think - it was too intense, his drive, his motivation, his need to see her.

     Chan watched him from the door frame, a worried look on his face. "Hyunjin, what are you doing?"

     Ignoring him, Hyunjin dropped a freshly sharpened knife onto his bed and picked up his favorite gun, sliding the old cartridge out before clicking a fresh one into place. He held it at various lengths, testing the safety and making sure it was working properly.

     "I'm getting ready to go get my girl," he responded evenly, frowning as he noticed a small nick on the side of the gun.

     His leader glared at the floor. "Stop it," he ordered quietly. When the boy paid him no attention, Chan stalked towards him and ripped the gun out of his hands. "I said stop."

     Bewildered, Hyunjin stared at him, itching to snatch the weapon back. "Why?"

     Calming himself, Chan threw the gun on Hyunjin's bed, next to the knife. "Because, I know you want to get Nari back, we all do, but you need to keep your head. You can't let your old training get a hold of you. I know you don't want to work like that anymore."

     Mention of that subject caused Hyunjin's shoulders to spasm, and dark memories began to come to the surface.

     Shoot him.

     You know you want to.

     "N-no, I'll never work like that again," he agreed. "But it will take a lot of firepower to get Nari back, I'm just being prepared."

     Chan raised an eyebrow. "You promise? You always have me to talk to if this gets out of hand." Again.

     Shaken, Hyunjin nodded while biting his lip. "I prom - "

     He jumped as he felt his hip start to vibrate, relaxing as he slid his phone out.

     "Sorry, it's probably one of the... "

     Frozen, Hyunjin stayed glued to the floor, unbelieving eyes attached to the name popping up on his screen.

     Nari.

     The device kept buzzing, but he couldn't move, couldn't feel anything. Annoyed, Chan snatched the phone out of his hand, and, upon seeing his member's name, gasped. The sound jolted Hyunjin out of his daze and he plucked his phone back, answering the call with shaking fingers.

     "Where is she?" he yelled into the mouthpiece. "I swear, if she's hurt, I will rip you to pieces - "

     "Hyunjin, stop! What on earth?"

     Immediately, he ceased his threat, face going blank as her soft voice filled his ear. Nari had called him. But she had been kidnapped, why would they have let her keep her phone...

     "Nari? Are you okay? Are you hurt? You're safe?" he asked, questions spilling from his lips. She huffed a laugh.

     "Yes, I'm fine, don't worry. But... you guys need to come here," she said slowly.

     "What do you mean? Come where? How did you get away?"

     "Oh." She swallowed, taking her time responding. "Well, I actually didn't," she admitted.

     His hand tightened around his phone, teeth gritting as he processed what she was saying. "You're. Still. There?"

     "Yeah, I am. I'm not in any danger, though. Turns out I have a relative here."

     "What?"

     "I'll explain everything, I promise. Just come," she insisted as Hyunjin pinched the bridge of his nose between his fingers.

     Even with her assurance, Hyunjin wouldn't be able to relax until he set his own eyes on her. And whoever this relative was, well, they'd be answering to him.

     But he pushed aside his own desires and focused on Nari. "Okay, where are you? Can you get in touch with Woojin? He was trying to figure out where you were, but someone was scrambling the signal."

     He heard her speak to someone on her end of the line. "Yes, I'll get him the address to NCT's house."

     "You're at their house?" Hyunjin choked out. Once again, Nari laughed.

     "Chill out," she chuckled. "I'll see you in a little bit, okay?"

     But he wasn't ready to stop talking to her, to stop listening to her voice when he thought she'd been torn from his world.

     "O-okay. See you soon," he whispered.

     The call ended with a click. Chan was still in the room, waiting expectantly. When Hyunjin said nothing, he gestured for him to explain.

     "Well? Where is she?" Chan asked desperately, eyes wide. Hyunjin picked up the gun again and cocked it, letting a lazy grin settle faintly on his face.

     "Get the others ready. We owe NCT a visit."