27

life on the outside

life on the outside

The next morning it seemed like most of the tensions from movie night had faded away, the islanders having a slow morning before getting up for the day. The girls chat that morning wasn't long, none of the girls having much to report and Sienna not wanting to keep talking about her conversation with Kady.

The islanders descended on the garden as usual, Sienna and Zach hitting the kitchen together. Their new little routine was for Sienna to cook them a little bit of brekkie, while Zach would make her an iced coffee in payment. The two would eat it in the shade before going about their day. That morning, they ended up laying on two sun loungers with Zach on his side to face her. 

"Have you ever lived with a boy?" he asked out of the blue. 

"Why, you already asking me to move in?" Sienna teased, Zach raising a brow at her with a laugh. "Nah, other than my brother. We lived together through uni to save money. What about you, shacked up with a girl?"

"Nah," Zach shook his head. "I feel like I am very much the type of person to protect my peace, and for me to be able to live with a girl would be really big. Like I can't see that happening unless it's the girl I'm going to spend the rest of my life with."

"That's really fair," Sienna nodded. "Even with friends, I could only like with certain people. Troy and I were literally together in the womb so we knew how to live together, but some people I know I couldn't make it through living with them."

Sienna let Zach saunter off after a bit of time, closing her eyes as Molly came over and sat with the girl. "You alright?" Sienna asked the blonde with her eyes closed. 

"I just feel like people are giving me pressure to announce I'm closed off with Michael," Molly ranted. "And like, we've both said we don't need to be like announcing our status to everyone, as long as the two of us are clear with each other."

"That's so fair," Sienna nodded. "And like, as long as you both are relaying that in conversations with people who may be wanting to pursue you, thats all that matters. You two know you're for each other, and that is the most important thing."

The two sat there for a bit longer, both raising their brows as they spotted Scott and Abi chatting by the fire pit. "Oh he won't like that," Sienna commented after the two separated and Mitch and Abi went over to have their own chat. Molly and Sienna spent some time in silence, before without speaking they both decided to take a nap.

It fell to Zach after a bit to go over and wake the girls up, telling them it was time to head inside and get ready. The dressing room was full of chatter, and some girls obviously digging into the Scott and Abi situation. It was clear the girl wasn't leaning one way or the other, but she was clearly having chats with Scott moving towards romance. 

Whitney got to lead the Islanders in their cheers that evening, before everyone went on to split up. As the evening progressed, and the islanders chatted, it was clear a lot of them were keeping an eye on the evolving love triangle in front of them a-la Scott/Mitch/Abi. Sienna was in the middle of hunting for a popsicle in the freezer when she heard Jess shout that she had a text, calling all islanders to the firepit immediately.

Zach stood on the boards, waiting with his hand outstretched for Sienna before the two joined the group, sitting around the firepit. Sammy's phone was the next to ring. "Islanders, it's time to recouple, the boys will now pick which girl they would like to couple up with."

The group was still for a moment before all the girls got up to line up in front of the boys. Zach was up first, standing with a smile. "So I'd like to couple up with this girl, because over the past few weeks, I have felt something for her that I'm not sure I've felt in years, if not ever. So far we seem to have a sort of harmony, and I feel like even outside of the villa we fit together. I'm very excited to see how the rest of our time in here goes, and to keep growing this connection. So the girl I would like to couple up with is,

Sienna." 

The brunette blushed as she squeezed Whitney and Molly's hands before approaching the bashful boy. She cupped his cheeks to press a quick kiss to his lips. The two sat down quickly, Elom up next. "That was quite nice," Sienna whispered during the boys speech.

"I try," Zach smirked, resting his hand on Sienna's thigh. "You look beautiful," he whispered in her ear as Catherine and Elom sat down.

Ty was up next, bringing his girl back as he chose to couple up with Ella again. Lochan was then up, recoupling with a beaming Whitney. Ouzy then was up, coupling up with Kady. Sammy was up next, getting back together with Jess and the two becoming a couple again. Then was Mitch, who chose a smiling Abi. Then was Montel who chose Leah, and Michael who recoupled with Molly. Scott was up last, coupling up with Amber.

It was nice to have a recoupling where no one had to worry about going home, the lack of tension through the ceremony refreshing as everyone split up. Zach pulled Sienna over to the small firepit, pulling her into his arms as soon as they sat down. The two of them sat in a comfortable silence before the boy spoke up.

"I meant what I said you know," he stroked her side. "I don't know if I've ever felt this way about a girl after this amount of time."

"It's so weird because we've know each other for like four weeks, but in here it's made it feel like I've known you for years," Sienna linked her fingers with his. "But I feel the same. Like this feels real to me."

"Me too," he whispered, burying his head in her shoulder.

ps if you guys haven't seen ive posted an all stars fic and im so into it