Chapter 1

Preston's POV

"Rob..."

"Robbie..."

"ROB-A-DOB-FLOB!"

"What? Huh? What?" Rob stammers. "What time is it?"

"It's time to eat, that's what time it is," I say yanking blankets off of his bed.

"But... But... It's early," he whimpers pouting his lips.

"Well I'm starving and it's free pancake day at iHop so get your lazy butt out of bed!"

Despite his earlier protests he stands up and makes his way to his closet.

"Hey, can I borrow some clothes? This is all I've got," I say gesturing to my pajama pants.

"Sure, but you are keeping your own pants," he replies tossing me a sweatshirt. I pull it over my head and look at the sleeves dangling over my fingertips. I let them hang as I walk towards the doorway.

"Thanks, I'm gonna wait downstairs."

"What?" he questions, walking out of his closet. He has a shirt in his hands but nothing covering his chest. My eyes linger before they make their way to his eyes.

"Enjoying the view?" he mocks with a chuckle. My cheeks burn and he shakes his head, still laughing.

"Shut up," I reply, a little harsher than I intended, but he doesn't seem to notice. "I said; thanks, I'm going to wait downstairs."

"Well you're welcome," he says with a goofy, crooked smile. I shake my head and walk through the open door, closing it behind me.

I walk down the hallway, thoughts running through my head.

What the hell was that?
What are you doing Preston?

I don't know what I was thinking. I shake my head and walk down the stairs. My head is buzzing and in my haze my foot slips. My hand grips the railing and I steady myself but a splitting pain shoots through my ankle.

I groan as I continue down the stairs. I sit on the couch in his living room. I hear a door slam upstairs,

"I'm coming!" Rob shouts as he runs down his stairs. I force a pained smile onto my lips and stand. The smile faltered slightly and this time Rob noticed.

"What'd you do this time?" He says with a smile and a shake of his head.

---------------------------

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! I'm sorry it's so short but I promise the story will pick up! Thanks.

*damn that's a lot of exclamation points I promise I'm not that peppy in real life*

~Sky