Chapter 23

Preston's POV

Did that really just happen?

I'm holding a bowl of popcorn standing in the doorway of Rob's living room. He is splayed out across the couch and he looks like he's high. His face looks like he's in some dream state with this huge dopey smile on his face.

Is he thinking about me?

I smile at the thought that I might be the one doing that to him. As I approach him I decide to make a little bit of a bold move. I wouldn't normally be this upfront but I feel like I'm making up for lost time, time I could've spent in his arms.

"Is this okay?" I ask as I lay between his legs, my head rested slightly on his chest. "I wanted to be close to you." I see his face go an adorable shade of red as he responds and wraps his arms around me.

I spent so much time feeling sad and used and I let Lachlan ruin me when I could've been here, with Rob. This is the happiest I've felt in months.

"So... what does this mean for us?" I ask after maybe half an hour of watching the movie.

"I'm not sure, what do you want it to mean?" He responds looking hopeful.

"I don't really know. I just know that it feels right with you and I haven't felt this happy in a long time."

"Do you want to be with me?" His face looks a bit nervous as he waits for my response.

"I didn't know until tonight how much I want this, but now I know and it's all I want." I feel my face heat up as I confess. Ever since what happened with Lachlan I don't let myself feel vulnerable like this. Before I can get too nervous his face lights up with a giant smile.

"Well, I know i want this so let's take it slow, I don't want to rush you or pressure you into anthing you might not be ready for."

"No, we need to make up for lost time!" I say as excitement builds. "I didn't know that anyone could make me feel this way and here you are and I could've been with you so much sooner! We're here now and we could do anything, we can do everything!" It's impulsive and I'm sure I look childish getting so excited about everything but I don't want to waste a second with him. I was confused before but since the moment he kissed me I knew this is what's right for me.

"Whoa, slow down. As much as I want to do anything and everything with you we still need to go a bit slower. A lot has happened in the past few months and I need you to feel comfortable and safe."

"Okay..." I say a little dissapointed. I know what I wanted wasn't reasonable but I just feel so much right now I need to soak up every second of it while it lasts.

"No babe don't look so sad," he says tightening his grip around my waist and pulling my face closer to his. "We will do absolutely anything you want to do because I want to do absolutely everything with you." Blush fills my cheeks as he leaves kisses across my cheek and jaw.

"Did you just call me babe?" I tease.

"Yes, did you like it?" He asks.

"I dunno..." I continue to mess with him.

"I can make you like it." Before I can reply his hands are tickling my sides and I'm squirming around and laughing like crazy.

"S-stop it!" I yell still laughing.

"Make me," he replies, challenging me. I quickly flip over so I'm facing him. I lean face so it's an inch or two away from his. He leans his lips up to meet mine but before he can I start tickling him instead.

"Revenge!" I yell laughing as he squirms beneath me.

"Oh you tease!" He yells back as he shoots up and kisses me quickly.

"I win." He raises his eyebrows before kissing me again.

"I think I win." He leaves another short kiss on my lips.

"Whatever you say." I pull him closer to me and kiss him slowly, letting the moment last longer than the others.

"Actually you win this one," he says flustered when I pull away. He pulls me back to him and we continue our little makeout session on his couch. After who knows how long he lays down against the couch, eyes looking sleepy.

"I'll get up so you can sleep," I offer, starting to sit up.

"Nooo, stay here," he whines, pulling on my hands.

"Okay you flop," I say, laying my head back down on his chest. We stay on the couch, our legs tangled together, and I fall asleep in his arms.

When I wake up I'm still on the couch with Rob underneath me. I rais my head and see his eyes flutter open.

"Good morning," he says, his voice raspy and incredibly hot.

"Good morning sleeping beauty."

--------------------------

It's a short little fluff chapter to make up for how dark and twisty it was the past few chapters. I am not very good at the fluff part so pardon the awkwardness of it all...

~Sky