Chapter 27

Preston's POV

"Why won't you just let me in?" He yells, throwing his arms down. "Why won't you just tell me what is happening in your head? Why won't you trust me?" Tears are streaming down his face as he paces the room, running his fingers through his hair repeatedly.

"I don't know how!" I choke out, the lump in my throat keeping all my words in.

"And I don't know how to help you! I don't know what to do! What am I supposed to do?"

"Leave me." The tears that have been pooling in my eyes threaten to spill.

"I can't leave you Preston. I won't. I just need you to talk to me! Why won't you talk to me?"

He found out. He found out that behind locked doors I was falling apart. He found out why I've been wearing long sleeves again. He found out that I'm not okay. He found out.

"Why won't you leave me? I'm a mess! I'm covered in ugly scars! I've been broken and nothing is going to put me back together so stop trying! Why won't you just stop trying?" Tears are falling down my face as I yell.

"I want to help you Preston! I want to help you but you won't tell me anything! You won't tell me what you're thinking, you won't tell me what you're really feeling! I need you to let me help you!"

"Why won't you just let me go? Why won't you just let me die? You want me to be happy right? Just let me go. Please." He stops in his tracks, facing me silently for a moment.

"I'M NOT GOING TO LET YOU FUCKING DIE PRESTON!" He finally yells, walking towards me. He wraps his arms around me and holds me to him tighter than ever before. "Stay alive. Please. Stay alive."

"You deserve better," I mutter as I press my face into him, letting him hold me.

"Fuck that. You are the best person in the entire world for me and you don't get to think any different."

"Why are you so determined to keep me here?"

"Because I'm in love with you."

--------------------------------------------

This is just a short little thing and I'm sorry I did that I just needed to get out some sadness...

~M