Chapter 24

Rob's POV

We tried to go slow but instead we caught fire. It started simple, we were two guys who were best friends who just happened to kiss a lot, but it wasn't long before it was clearly much more than that. Two weeks was the longest I could go. We were taking a walk through this amazing trail I found months ago when I finally caved.

"So, uh, Preston..." My voice trails off as I slip my hand away from his.

"Yeah?" He looks up at me, a little concern showing in his eyes. I crouch down to the ground and search for the best one I can find.

"Will you be my 100% officially official boyfriend?" I ask holding out the flower I just picked. His shoulders instantly relax as a huge smile fills his face.

"Oh god yes, I will be your 100% officially official boyfriend," he says reaching for the flower. Before he can grab it I tuck it behind his ear, causing him to blush.

"So boyfriend will you go on a date with me?"

"Of course, but you got to plan our special Valentines Day dinner I get to plan this one!"

"Whatever you say." As we continue I tune out everything but Preston. He's talking so bubbly about this new Minecraft series he wants to start with the pack, excluding Lachlan since we all made the decision that he was no longer anybody to us. As he continues to enthuse about the series ideas I get lost in him.

I don't know how anybody could ever mistreat him, he has the most beautiful eyes that I could stare into forever and the best smile I've ever seen. Anybody would be lucky to get a shot with him. Why can't he see it that way?

"Rob?" Preston is waving his hand in my face and I'm brought back down to earth.

"Um, uh, what?" I stammer.

"I asked if you wanted to turn around and go home?"

"Oh, yeah, let's go." I make a face and roll my eyes, cringing at my own stupidity.

"What were you thinking about anyway? You zoned out." I take his hand in mine as we begin to walk in the direction that we came.

"Oh, it's a secret," I say with a smirk.

"Telll meeee." He leans his head back and whines. Adorable.

"Fine. I was thinking about you."

"Oh," he turns his head away slightly but I can see a bit of blush on his cheeks. "Might I ask why?"

"Why? Because you are so cute and I could think about you all day."

"Oh," he says quietly, looking at his feet.

"Is something wrong?"

"No, I... I just don't get it,"

"Don't get what?"

"Why you seem to like me so much. I don't get it. I'm a mess..." I stop walking and turn so I'm facing him. I take his face in my hands and move it so we're making eye contact.

"You are a beautiful mess. You are worth so much and don't let anyone tell you otherwise, not even yourself." I lean down and connect our lips, slow and soft, and then I oull back.

He turns his head so he's facing down, a smile on his lips.

"C'mon let's go, we've got a date tonight." I wrap my arm around him as we walk, keeping him close to me.

It isn't until I'm standing in my bedroom looking in the mirror wearing the 4th outfit I've tried on that I regret letting Preston plan the evening. I've looked through my closet so many times that I'm having flashbacks. I finally settle on a pretty casual outfit and I'm relieved when I walk out and see Preston wearing something similar.

"Good evening sir," he says holding out a hand.

"Good evening," I reply taking his outstretched hand in mine, "are you going to tell me where we're going yet?"

"Good things come to those who wait." He smirks and drags me by my hand out to the car.

"Am I at least dressed right for this?"

"Your attire is completely appropriate for tonights activities." He begins to drive and the excitement builds. My first official date with my first official boyfriend.

Boyfriend.

I can call him my boyfriend now.

"We have arrived at our destination," Preston says, flourishing his voice as he parks the car.

"Minigolf?"

"I have always wanted to go on a minigolf date and I knew I could kick your ass at it." He's wearing a smirk and looks cocky as hell.

"As if! Sorry sweetheart, you're going down." We approach the counter to get our golfballs and clubs and then head to the first hole.

"Prepare to lose!" He shouts as he takes his first swing at the ball. 10 holes in though, it's apparent that he's right. He is kicking my ass.

"How am I literally losing by 25 points like how is that humanly possible?" I ask after going way over par on yet another hole.

"I guess I'm just good at this," he replies, turning to wink at me before swinging his club once again.

"We'll see about that," I whisper to myself as I step up behind him. Before he can swing I wrap my arms around his waist, pulling his back to my chest and burrying my face in his neck. I hear his breath hitch with and a small grunt.

"A-are you trying th-throw me off my game?" He asks, his voice shaky.

"I dunno? Am I distracting you?" I whisper.

"N-No. C-C'mon, let me beat you at this game." His voice is still shaky.

"If you say so." I squeeze his sides a little, causing him to let out a short laugh, before backing away from him. Apparently I did distract him because he completly butcheres his next shot. He does end up beating me, 56 to 79. By the time we get back home the sun is dipping below the horizon.

"So did you like the date?" He asks as we walk inside, a hopeful expression on his face.

"Best date ever." He turns to walk away but I grab his hand, pulling him slightly back to me. "What? No goodnight kiss?" I pull him into me and finish the night with one final kiss on his lips.

---------------------------

Okay so it was difficult to write this chapter (the date part) because I have the humor of a 9 year old boy and laughed every time I said "balls" or "holes" so I struggled to not include those words as much as possible. I'm mature. Oop. Anyway a nice little fluffy date chapter, still trying to make up for the dark and twisty that has happened (and is yet to come...)

~Sky