Chapter 7

Rob's POV

I drove for hours before I finally came home. I'm not sure if I would've if I hadn't almost ran out of gas. When I get home I send a quick text to Preston, making sure he's okay. After a few minutes of no reply I set my phone down and go to my fridge to find something to eat. When I open it I see almost nothing, I guess I'm going to the grocery store. I start walking back to the table where I left my phone.

The house feels almost empty without Preston here. I'm not sure if it's because he's been around for the past couple of days or if I'm just lonely. I'm about to grab for my phone again when it starts ringing. I look to see Jerome's contact flashing at my face.

Bacca

Decline Accept

I let my finger hover over the button before accepting the call.

After a few seconds of a static sound his voice comes in.

"Hey Mr.Woofless!" he yells excitedly.

"Whats up Jerome?"I say flatly, not matching his cheery tone.

"My my, you don't sound very cheerful."

"I've had a long night."

"Oh yeah, how's Pearston doing?"

"He's fine."

"Good to hear. Anyways I called because I have some news for you!"

"What is this news?"I ask, my interest peaking a little.

"I'm moving to Texas with you guys!"

"WHAT?!"

"Yeah buddy! I'm moving in with Mitch! I get there in 3 days!"

"Whoa! I can't wait, the whole pack will be together!"

"Yep! The unbreakable 6 are back!"

"Did we ever go?"

After he hangs up I immediately start calling everybody I can think of. Once my phone starts going crazy getting calls from everybody else.

Jerome is coming back! All of a sudden my Twitter feed is going crazy too. I guess someone tweeted it.

I try calling Preston a few more times but there still is no reply. I decide to stop trying, I still don't know what to think of about him right now. After about 30 minutes the crazy dies down but the fans are still going crazy. I see that Preston tweeted it as well but he still isn't replying to me. Even if he did I don't know how to talk to him. I guess I'll just wait until tomorrow, Recording Sunday.

After about a year trying to cram 2-3 videos in everyday, I came up with the idea of "Recording Sunday". Basically the whole pack (now including Jerome) meets at Mitch's house (his is the biggest) and records the weeks videos. For the authenticity, we use the traditional Skype calls, but chances are we're just sitting in different rooms of the same house. I won't have a choice but to talk to Preston then.

What will I talk to him about?
What do I want to say?
How do I say it?

I know I need to talk to him about what I found, but I don't know how.
I know I want to find out what was happening between us, but I don't want to talk about it.
And I think I want to find out if Preston has been ignoring me specifically, or if it is just everybody.

My thoughts are interrupted when I hear a low grumbling noise coming from my stomach. I remember my original task of going to the grocery store and for the 4th time today, I grab my keys and get driving.

I have my phone plugged into the car, and I'm tapping my fingers on the stereo along to 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams' by Green Day. I'm sitting at a red light next to the only park in town, waiting to finally get some food. I absentmindedly turn my head, observing my surrounding, and do a double take when I see.

Preston and Lachlan are sitting on a bench, having a conversation. Lachlan leans his head towards Preston and then my eyes are glued to the pair. Preston leans his head towards Lachlan, their lips pressing together. Jealousy slices through me, separating me from reality.

Why?
Why him?
Why Lachlan?!
Why not me?

I am shaken out of my thoughts when cars behind me begin to honk. I press my foot on the gas and continue my drive. My thoughts are less focused on the kiss, more focused on the last thought I had.

Why not me?

Why would it be me? It's not like we have that sort of relationship, we're just best friends.
Why would I want it to be me?
Do I want it to be me?

It's clear suddenly that the answer is yes. A clear yes. I do want that to be me, more than anything.

I am once again taken aback by my own thoughts.
Did I just admit what I think I did?
Yes.

When I think back everything falls into place. Every awkward, romantic(ish) gestures that have ever happened between Preston and I were initiated by me. I'd had girlfriends, they never stayed around long. I always broke up with them, tired of waiting for a spark that had never come. I think I'd had more passion in a spirited game of factions than I ever had with any girl.

I noted my attractions to boys. I'd always found it a bit strange the way I looked at boys, but when you push something so far back in your mind you can forget it was ever there in the first place, well, you can try atleast.

I pull into the parking lot of the grocery store, heading inside feeling new. I feel like my eyes are really open right now and I don't want to miss a thing. I see couples in the store, men and women, some with kids.

Am I willing to give that up?
Am I willing to live my life being outside the norm?
Always on the radar?

Yes, I was never really the normal one anyways.

---------------------------------------

I see Mr.Rob-a-dob-flob is getting jealous.

~Sky