Chapter 12

Rob's POV

Everybody knows about them now. They're officially official. Jerome kept it quite for about 2 hours, 2 weeks later we've all begun to get used to it. Our viewers don't know yet, they said they're saving it for their 3 month anniversary. I have to sit every day in misery watching as they all obsess over the two of them. I have fallen for him and I can't stop myself from hating Lachlan.

Lachlan isn't someone you want to be around when he is angry. His filter shuts off completely and it's scary. He becomes verbally abusive and based off of his strength and anger issues I would say that he could probably do some dangerous physical abuse as well. He is a great friend, a nice enough guy, but he's also like a ticking time bomb. I don't want Preston to be there when the explosion happens.

Preston is different now, he doesn't spend as much time with any of us, he only talks about his perfect relationship. It can't be perfect, I'm not with you. That is perfect.

I used to say that I want to die before I'm old but because of you I might think twice.

Twenty One Pilots is blaring from my car radio as I sit outside of Preston's apartment building. I find myself sitting here quite often. I sit for hours imagining what would happen if I just ran in and confessed. I'm leaning on the steering wheel until I hear a tapping on my window.

"What are you doing here Rob-a-dob-flob?" Preston asks through the glass.

"Oh," I lift my head up immediately, "I just wanted to see if you wanted to do anything today, like hang out or something." I stammer it out quickly, hoping he doesn't notice the red invading my face.

"Oh, uh, sure. Is it okay if Lachlan comes with us?" I swallow hard before replying.

"Of course, he's your boyfriend and all."

Glad to know that's where I stand now.

Preston runs inside of his building, returning hand in hand with Lachlan.

"So, what're we gonna do today?" Lachlan asks sourly. He has to lean his head forward from the back seat of my car, Preston is in the front next to me. I look over at him to see if he noticed but I'm not surprised to find him looking at Lachlan affectionately.

"I dunno, we could go to the mall or something?"

"Sounds good to me." Preston is still looking at Lachlan. Always looking at him. Never looking at me.

"Me too," he replies with a smile. They press their faces closer together, giggling like teenage girls. Preston pecks him on the lips but he doesn't get away that easily. Lachlan pulls him in again and pretty soon a make-out session is happening right beside my head.

"Try not to swallow each other," I mutter under my breath. They are about a minute away from a full on sex scene in the back seat of my car and this is torture enough already. Preston and Lachlan finally break apart and get situated in their own seats. The drive to the mall is mostly silent, few attempts at small talk are made and none are returned. When we pull into the parking lot I can't help but feel even a little bit excited. I can't help it, anything is possible with 3 gay boys at a mall.

We walk around, going through different stores, not hesitating to criticize some of the atrocious outfits on display. I mean who would willing wear a cheetah print winter coat?

When we walk around to the food court we send Lachlan to get each of us a pretzel.

"What's up with you?" Preston asks out of nowhere.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I reply irritably. Maybe what's "up with me" is that he can't keep his hands off his boy toy for more than 30 seconds.

"I know you Rob, don't bullshit me."

"Fine. To be honest, it would be nice if you and your boyfriend would have stopped fornicating in my car but that's just a personal preference. Or maybe if you could wipe your saliva off of each other and take 2 seconds to talk of me. I wouldn't have invited you guys here if I had known I was just going to be a third wheel." I speak calmly with a straight face, he doesn't get to know how much I'm hurting.

"I know this is awkward for you-"

Awkward for me? You think this is awkward for me? I don't know what it's like to be in love but I do know that I love him and Lachlan is going to hurt him. Awkward? Try torture.

"but it's new for me too. I've never felt this way about someone, I've never had a boyfriend before. I've never been out of the closet before. I know we haven't been spending much time together lately-"

"We've been spending zero time together, you've been busy." I nod my head over my shoulder where Lachlan has begun his path back towards us.

"Yeah, we haven't spent time together, but I promise. We will, today can be an us day." I nod as Lachlan sits down on Preston's right.

"What're you two talking about?" He asks with a wink towards Preston, but a little bit of underlying suspicion.

"Nothing," we both reply in unison. We both crack up laughing as Lachlan inputs a halfhearted chuckle. The rest of the day was great.

As we walked the mall it was like I had my best friend back. We ran through stores, tryed on ridiculous outfits, and posed each other as maniquines. Lachlan followed, never really getting into it. I had almost forgotten he was there.

"Cmon guys, let's go into the Hot Topic. I feel like being terrified by some emos." Preston urges. I follow him into the store and am immediately left breathless by the darkness of the store. Black everything, T-Shirts with bands I don't know and quotes that confuse me. We walk around the store until we have absorbed it in its entirety. In the end I buy an American Horror Story T-Shirt, that TV show is the best.

"You like that boy," the cashier says, nodding towards Preston. "I can tell, you look at him different. Plus I have an amazing gaydar," she says tapping the frame of her glasses. Her hair is dark brown with the ends died a shocking blue. All I can do is stand silent, I'm too surprised to deny it.

"Don't worry, it's not like I'll tell him. It seems he's a little...unavailable. So, what's your guy's story?"

Before I can respond Preston is standing behind me telling me that it's time to leave.

"Later, you know where I'll be." The cashier says, handing me my bag. Damn, even the bags are black.

We walk out of the store and immediately burst out laughing.

"I feel like I've lost my innocence!" Preston cries out, his laughing is beginning to draw attention to us.

"Aw poor Preston," I say wrapping my arms around his shoulder. We are all laughing but I can feel Lachlans glare burning into the back of my head. For once I am able to ignore it.

As we drive home we are all talking vividly, moving our hands around and laughing a lot. I drop the two of them off at Prestons and drive myself home. When I enter the door I let myself sink into the couch and finally be happy. At least for a little while.

-----------------------------

Hey, I have an updated story for all of you! I hope you enjoy the Poofless tension that probably only exists in my mind. I'll try to update again soon! I hope I offended no gay males. I don't actually view you as girly, frolicky people who love to shop, I just thought something funny might make this more interesting. I am gay people too.

~Sky

(I am aware of that twenty one pilots reference in the beginning, let it blare from your Car Radio Rob, let it blare)