Chapter 6

Preston's POV

"Preston I'm still in love with you."

"I.......I-I know,"I stammer in reply.

A few weeks ago Lachlan came over and we were hanging out, then out of the blue, he blurted it out. Apparently he'd been in love with me for years. When I didn't share the feelings he got hurt and blew up, saying things about me family, about Sarah, about Rob, about me. I figured he'd be starting to get over me, I guess not.

"Preston, is it at all possible that you could ever feel the same way about me?" He asks, trying to hide the hopeful expression on his face.

"I'm not sure."

"Please Preston, think about it."

"Okay...." I haven't even let myself consider it yet.

"Please tell me when you know. I don't want to trick myself into believing it is possible."

I nod as he turns and walks away to his car.

Is it possible that I could have feelings for Lachlan?

I go back and sit down at the counter with my, now soggy, cereal.

Would I let my whole life change for Lachlan?
What about my family?
What about Sarah.
What about Rob?

What would it mean? Thinking back I can see it. I always thought things about boys, I always noticed them, I always let them notice me.

But you like Sarah don't you?
Don't you?!

I don't know. Yes she's attractive and I enjoy being around her but does she really make me feel anything? There's never been any passion, never any drive. I mean we've been dating for months now and I haven't even slept with her! I don't know.

Would I be willing to let Lachlan change that? Would I be willing to let myself change that? I absentmindedly eat the soggy cereal, playing mind games with myself.

So many questions that I don't know the answer to.

I wash out my bowl and sit on my couch, the TV blaring a random channel. I try to drone out my thoughts with what turned out to be some reality cooking show, but it doesn't work. Instead I turn YouTube onto my TV, scrolling through my feed. I don't know what I'm looking for until I find it. I begin a random video of Lachlan doing a facecam map.

I watch him running his fingers through his honey colored hair, the expressions in his eyes. I am mesmerized and I can imagine that every day. His bright blue eyes sparkle as he talks about something, I'm not listening enough to know what it is. I turn the volume up and hear he's talking about me. I smile as the video ends and I start watching another.

After who knows how long I finally get up. I've been watching his videos for 3 hours!

I find my phone on the counter and see my screen filled with missed calls and voicemails. I open up a voicemail from Jerome and my head is immediately filled with yelling.

Guess what Mr.Preston!!! I'm moving to Texas! The rest of the pack is already there, I figured I better jump on the bandwagon soon! I'm going to live with Vic and the Benja! I'll get here on Friday. You've got 3 days before I steal the state!

Wow! Jerome is coming to Texas! I am about to call him back when my phone starts ringing in my hand again.
"Little Lachy" reads across the screen and I hesitantly hit accept.

"Dude Jerome is moving here!"

"I know, I just got his voicemail!"

"The pack will be reunited!!!"

After a minute or so of yelling and chanting about our reunion, we both sit in silence. Lachlan is the first to break it.

"So i guess I'll go, let you get back to what you were doing."

"Wait Lachlan, I need to talk to you.

"Okay..."

He sounds put out by my sudden request. It's sudden, yes, but I know what I want now.

"No, in person."

"Okay, I'm free whenever."

"Meet me at the park in 10 minutes?"

"Okay."

With that he hangs up. It would normally only take me about 5 minutes to get there, but walking there with the crutches will take me longer. When I finally arrive, he's already there.

"I didn't think you would show up," I say as he stands up.

"To be honest, I wasn't so sure I would either," he replies, a crooked smile on his face.

I move to sit down on the bench next to him, setting my crutches to lean against the side.

"Not to be pushy, but why did you ask me to meet you here? The anxiety has been eating me up since you asked me to talk."

"I...." I start, looking down at my hands that sit in my lap. Heat is rushing to my face. "I know what I want now."

Lachlan nods speechlessly. His face is a mix of anxiety and hope.

"What do you want Preston?" His voice is a whisper as he leans his head closer to mine.

"I want you." A smile spreads across his face, as the same thing happens to mine.

"I've waited so long to hear you say those words. I've imagined it over in my head. I never thought it'd happen tho-"

I lean my face to his, my lips pressing against his. At first he is surprised, but is quickly kissing me back. I feel a hole inside of me being filled. I've needed this in my life. We finally break apart as I rest my forehead on his.

"Please do that again," he whispers softly. I smile as I lean my lips to his again.

This boy is all mine.

-------------------------------
Hey guys, I'm dead to some of you right now.

~Sky