ten

tw: slight mention of abuse

Levi and I have gotten much closer than I thought we would

Levi and I have gotten much closer than I thought we would. Hell, I've connected with the entire group even more.

I spent the next two days of lunch sitting outside with Levi. My lunches that were once filled with just nature and music turned to lunches filled with the sound of Levi's voice, either chatting or laughing with me.

For the last two days of the school week, Levi had somehow convinced me to sit with the rest of his group. The noise around us did give me a headache, but they're honestly fun to be around. I will never say that out loud, though.

Levi and I agreed to work on our project again today. The store opens at nine in the morning, and closes at nine in the evening. I work from the time it opens until three, so I'm there for half the day. Levi said we could meet up at half four so I'd have a bit of time to get ready.

It's already half three by the time I'm home. I walk into the kitchen to get something to eat, remembering Mom's words. She told me that a delivery should be coming at around six. She decided that she wants to renovate the garden a bit and make it more appealing, so she ordered a barbecue, a glass table and eight chairs to be put in the garden. I have to set it up with Genevieve and Rosalie when it arrives since she might not be back on time. She also ordered all of it for Rosalie's upcoming birthday. It's in three weeks, but she doesn't want any delays.

I make a small sandwich for myself, hearing Genevieve's footsteps down the stairs. Once you live with someone long enough, it's easy to identify the pattern of their steps. Evie's are quite light, while Rosalie's is like an elephant.

The cold breeze against the back of my arms letsme know that Evie has just entered the room. "Don't forget that we have to set up the barbecue," I tell her once my sandwich is made. She nods as I sit at the head of the table, taking a bite.

She takes some toast and placed it in the toaster. I contemplate whether to ask her what's been on my mind the past week. I've been wanting to question her about Sophia, not making it obvious that she knows something about our life. It shouldn't hurt to just ask Evie. If she's offended then that's all I need to know.

"Genevieve," I start, "Do you know Sophia Williams?"

Her brows furrow, a confused look in her eyes. "She's the one with curly hair, right?" I nod. "I've heard of her. Why are you asking?"

"No reason," I lie, taking another bite out of my sandwich. "If she does go near you, tell me. And don't talk to her. She isn't a good person."

Her tongue hits the inside of her cheek. "Like someone I know," she mutters as her toast pops out. I wasn't meant to hear that, but I did. I roll my eyes at her words, the only sound in the room being the butter covered knife slathering against the toast.

I finish up as she sits down at the other head of the table. It's only 3:50, so I still have plenty of time until I see Levi again. I make my way up to my room, stopping by Rosa's room to make sure she's okay.