3

Age: 14

It was coming up on the anniversary of the day I found out about my mate, meaning my parents would be extra careful around me. I was still four years away from eighteen but they treated me like I would snap at any moment. Like I would go on a rampage if I didn't have my mate in front of me.

We had tried to keep the whole thing a secret from everyone, but somehow, all of my siblings ended up finding out. They all wanted to help, they thought that our parents keeping me away from him was wrong. No matter how many times I told them that I wasn't ready to be with my mate, they ignored me and blamed our parents.

"Felix, sweetheart," Mama said as he knocked on my bedroom door. I called for him to come in and watched as he did with a box in his hand. "Your dad and I talked and we wanted to give you something."

I nodded and patted the bed for him to sit down next to me. He smiled and sat down and set the box down in between us.

"We know that you still have four years until you're eighteen. And while we still think it's best for you to wait to meet him, we, or your father, know how hard it is to stay away from your mate. So we talked with A-" he paused at the glare I gave him. "Um, him and agreed that when we give him something of yours, you'll get something of his as well."

Oliver perked up at Mama's words. I looked at the box nervously. "So..." I trailed off as I lifted a hand to the box.

"Yup, this is the first trade."

Age: 16

"Mom! Dad!" Galaxy yelled as they ran into the house. I looked up from my book and frowned at the person they were dragging behind them. The person had long blonde hair and bright green eyes. Their outfit consisted of black skinny jeans and a plain t-shirt. I watched as Mama and Dad ran into the room worriedly, but stopped in shock at the person my sibling was with.

"Who is this, Galaxy?" Dad asked as he wrapped an arm around Mom's waist.

"This is Emily, she's my mate," Galaxy said with a grin. As Mom and Dad began to congratulate them, I got up and went to my room.

It was stupid but I was jealous. Jealous that Galaxy and my other siblings got to have a normal mate meeting. Galaxy got to be with their mate as soon as they met her. Galaxy didn't have to wait seven years, or eighteen in my mate's case.

I still had two years before I could even see my mate. Meanwhile, everyone around me got to be happy.

↫↬

Age: 18

It was time, it was finally time! I was finally eighteen years old, which meant that I got to meet my mate face-to-face. I couldn't tell who was more excited; me or Oliver.

I finished buttoning up my flannel and ran my hand down my chest to smooth it out. I hoped that I wasn't underdressed. I honestly didn't know how to dress. No one ever plans to meet their mate. It's not like I could ask how my parents were dressed when they met- it was a normal day. Wearing a full suit felt like way too much, but just a T-shirt and jeans felt like too little.

"Felix!" Mom yelled from the living room causing me to jump. I quickly walked to my bedroom door but stopped before opening it.

My hands shook as I lifted it to the door handle. This was it, finally, after all the time that had passed, it was time to meet my mate.

What if he doesn't like me? What if he finds out I wasn't worth the wait and he rejects me? I shook my head and opened the door. As I walked down the stairs my mind just kept asking questions and worrying.

I smiled at Mom as I entered the living room. He was standing at the front door with a smile and tears in his eyes.

"I can't believe it's time," He began as I walked toward him, "It feels like just yesterday we brought you home from the hospital. It's so hard to believe that you're all grown up."

When I got to him he wrapped his arms around me in a hug. After a minute he pulled back and placed a hand on my cheek lovingly.

"He is waiting outside, all you need to do is open the door when you're ready. I made sure everyone is in their spaces and they'll be quiet for a few hours. You two will have the living room all to yourselves." I nodded and watched as he left and heard his steps as he went upstairs.

I turned back to the door and frowned as I played with my fingers. It felt like I had been standing there for hours, I finally snapped out of it when I heard a small knock on said door.

"H-hello?" Said a voice from the other side. I smiled, it had been so many years since I had heard his voice, and his voice changed so much. "Are you going to open the door?"

"I don't know if I can," I said honestly, "Do you think it would be alright if we just talked through the door? I think I just need a little bit more time."

"Y-yeah, that's fine," he replied, the disappointment in his voice made my heart squeeze but I still couldn't open the door.

"So what's your name?" I asked as I sat down with my back to the door. I held my knees to my chest as I waited for his answer.

"A-Angus Hami, everyone just calls me Hami. I know you're Felix but what's your wolf's name?"

"His name is Oliver. I like Angus, is it alright if I call you that?" I smiled and rested my head on my arms.

 I like Angus, is it alright if I call you that?" I smiled and rested my head on my arms