16

My leg bounced as I sat at my desk, Edan was across from me at his own desk as we worked.

After so many days of training, our parents allowed us to change the office to what we liked. We each got matching normal sized black desks that were placed side by side. They were placed so we faced one another while we worked. We each had a laptop and some personal things for decoration. The desks were placed in front of the door across the room, so we each could see who entered by turning our heads.

"Okay, you're shaking my desk with how fast your leg is going. What is your deal?" Edan asked as he sat down and gave me a look of annoyance.

"It's nothing, I'm just being dramatic." I said as I grabbed an envelope from the pile of unopened letters. I studied it confused as it didn't have any information on it, only my name. I opened it from the side and read the letter.

Alpha Felix

This letter is not meant to be any kind of threat, it is only meant to serve as a warning. Rogues have heard about your fairy mate, they believe that your pack is now weak for having such a small leader. They feel that you are unfit to lead and it will be easy to take over the pack from you.

Keep your mate close, young alpha

-a viewer

My breathing began to pick up and my hands shook, dropping the letter onto my desk. "Okay, I lied. Something is wrong. I woke up this morning and Angus wasn't in the apartment. I thought that he just went for one of his walks so I came here. But when I went home for lunch he still wasn't there."

"And you haven't talked to anyone about this? Why?" Edan asked as he looked at me like I was stupid. I looked down awkwardly to avoid eye contact.

"I realized that we weren't in a healthy relationship and I was trying to not be as codependent with him."

Edan sighed sharply and folded his hands together, resting two of his fingers to his lips before pointing them at me. "You decided to not look for your mate when he's missing because you don't want to be unhealthy. Instead of finding him, having a conversation, and then trying to be healthy together. You see where I'm confused, right?"

"What if I'm just over reacting because I'm so dependent on him? If this is nothing, and he is just out on his own somewhere."

"Felix, I say this as a friend because I feel that we have become friends in our time working together. You sound like an idiot. Your mate is missing and you're not doing anything about it. Why are you suddenly talking about it now with me? Did you realize how stupid you're being?"

"I got this letter," I said as I handed him the letter. "I think something may have happened to Angus, and whoever sent that letter must know."

Edan said nothing as he got up from his desk and began walking toward the door.

"Where are you going?" I asked quietly, thinking that he was leaving me to deal with this alone.

"We are going to speak with your parents. Like you should have done this morning when you woke up without your mate."