13

I slowly blinked the sleep out of my eyes as the sound of panting filled the bedroom. I turned to see Angus, still asleep, sweating and panting heavily. I inhaled sharply when a sweet scent crept into my nose. It was his normal nature scent, but there was something else to it that made my mouth water.

You can't deny me any longer. His heat is here so now mate him. Oliver growled in my head, causing me to quickly sit up in bed.

It had been three days since I had researched heats. Three days was not enough time to figure anything out.

Angus gasping brought me out of my panic. I looked at him as he slowly opened his eyes. It was dark in the room but I could still see his eyes grow hungry as he looked at me.

"Felix," he whined as he reached out for me.

I was frozen as he climbed on top of me. "A-angus," I said as calmly as I could've in the situation.

He hummed happily as he gently rubbed my chest, "Call me kitten?" He asked softly, I shook my head gently with a small smile. "Oh, please? I like it so much when you call me that. Please?" he began to beg, I clenched my jaw as I tried to keep control.

"Angus, I can't. We can't, you-" I gasped as he pressed our bodies together causing me to grab his hips to keep him still. "You're not you right now. I can't take advantage of you." I tried to explain, I knew that he wouldn't have been able to register anything I said, the heat was clouding his mind.

I'm sorry Kitten, but it's the only way. I thought, I knew that he couldn't hear me but I had to say sorry for what I was about to do.

"Baby," He moaned gently at the name, "why don't you go get a bath running for us? The water will help with your heat." Angus frowned but before he could protest I ran my hand up his side and said, "We can also have some fun."

His wings fluttered as he quickly climbed off of me and ran to the bathroom. I looked after him with a clenched jaw and fist.

While Angus was running the bath I quickly got out of bed and left the apartment as quietly as I could've.

Pa. Pa I need you and Mom, right now. I said through our family link. I knew that it was a long shot of them being awake but they were the only ones I trusted with Angus.

Son? What's wrong? Pa answered worriedly.

Angus is in heat and I need you guys to come to the apartment and keep him safe. I can't be near him.

"Felix?" I squeezed my eyes shut as I tightly gripped the front door handle in my hand. I would not let the door open, I couldn't. "F-felix, what are you doing?" Angus whined from the other side of the door.

"W-we can't Angus. I can't hurt you," I said softly through the door to him.

"You won't, please come in here. I need you," He whined softly, it felt like an ice spike to the heart. I hated what I was doing to him. Heats were not a pleasant experience to go through but there was no way I could've been in there and not lose control to Oliver.

"Bean!" Mom shouted worriedly as he came closer to the front door. I growled low but shook my head quickly.

"Mom, I-I can't hold back much longer. I ne-need you to stay here and keep him safe. P-Pa I need you to take me to the basement."

Mom gasped at the mention of the basement, it wasn't a place that someone would normally go willingly. We didn't use it all that often but it was a jail that we used when someone needed an adult time out. The bars were indestructible for werewolves, being laced with wolfsbane.

"Sweetheart, you don't have to worry about being with him. He is your mate, he is made for you. All you-"

I cut him off before he could convince me to do something I'd regret. "He's too small; I'll break him. I refuse to be responsible for bringing anymore pain to my mate. Take me to the basement."

Pa nodded sadly and came to wrap his arm around me. I growled at him for being close to my mate, and struggled as he took me away but he didn't stop. I was so thankful he didn't stop.

 I was so thankful he didn't stop