15

FELIX

I had woken up alone everyday for the first nineteen years of my life, it was something that I should've been used to. But after Angus and I started living together, we always woke up together. It was amazing, having the heat of the person I loved next to me every morning. The feeling of waking up alone is something that I never wanted to go through again.

As I woke up, I groggily moved my hand along Angus' side of the bed, trying to find him. I wasn't anywhere near ready to get up and there was no better way to start a day than with cuddles. I frowned and slowly opened my eyes as my hand came into contact with nothing but the bed sheet. His side of the bed was empty and felt cold, a pang of hurt hit my chest.

"Kitten?" I called out, it wasn't like Angus to not sleep in, normally I had to drag him out of bed around noon. Although there were the odd days where he would either wake up with me or even before me. But he rarely left the bed before I did.

I quickly got up and checked the bathroom, but it was empty. I frowned and left the bedroom and was met with an equally empty apartment.

On the days Angus would wake up before me, he would go on a walk through the pack grounds. He typically didn't leave until after I had woken up, but he must've been restless.

I shook my head and took a breath. It's nothing, he's just out on a walk. We spend almost every waking moment together, some time apart will do us good. I thought as I began making breakfast for us. He'll be hungry when he comes back.

↫↬

It had been a few hours and I still hadn't seen Angus. I took a deep breath and shook my head. The only reason I haven't seen him is because I've been locked up in the office, training.

Dad had made a strict rule about Angus coming into the office where we were doing alpha training, something about me not getting distracted.

We just have to get through the next two hours and then we can go home and see him. Oliver said, causing me to sigh in agreement. Two hours was nothing. I spent almost nine years avoiding him, I could stay away from him for two hours.

↫↬

I grinned happily and jumped up off my chair. Those two hours had felt more like twenty years. It felt like my skin was going to fall off by how much I was itching to see my mate. I couldn't wait to wrap him up in my arms and just hold him for hours.

I paused at the thought. I was only away from him for two hours and I was acting like it had been decades. Angus and I almost never spent time apart. We were so focused on each other, we didn't have any friends.

The only person I spent time with besides Angus and my family was Edan, and I had to spend time with him, it was my job. Angus didn't have anyone, he hadn't even tried making friends with anyone in the pack.

I frowned as I realized that Angus and I were in an unhealthy, codependent relationship. I wasn't sure how much of human relationship standards pertained to werewolf ones, but I was sure that codependency for any species wasn't healthy.

I didn't want to be in a relationship like that, I wanted to be in a healthy relationship with Angus. Sure, our relationship was anything but normal to begin with, but that didn't mean that it had to be unhealthy.

I needed to talk to Angus about fixing our relationship. I took a deep breath and calmly began walking to our apartment. My skin was itching to run and hold Angus, but the only way to break a bad habit was to actively try to stop it.

I sighed happily as I opened the front door to our apartment. "Kitten?" I called out, but the living room was dark and empty, as was the rest of the apartment. It looked like no one had been there since I had left that morning.

If Angus hadn't come home, where was he?