23

FELIX

Our pack normally wasn't one to partake in fights. Back when my great-great-great grandfather was Alpha, he would lead Green Moon into all kinds of wars. He almost brought the downfall of our pack, which is why his daughter, my great-great grandmother, brought the age of peace for us. She is the reason we don't fight and the reason most rouges come to us if they need help.

So many years of peace didn't make us weak though, we didn't let it. So while it was worrying when we got the letter about the fight, it was only because of the fight itself. The only packs that weren't worried about battles were those at the top.

The month leading up to the rogue's attack was filled with preparations. We trained everyone; those that were fighting and others. We had to make sure that everyone under eighteen, and those who chose not to fight, knew how to get to the bunker as fast as possible. For those that were fighting, we ran training sessions as often as we could.

All of that brought us to the battle. The letter gave us an idea of the week, but we had no idea of the day or time the rouges would come. So the whole pack was on edge. Then suddenly, while we were getting ready for lunch, the pack alarm rang, almost sending the whole pack into chaos. Thankfully, there were more than a few pack members that took charge and led people to the bunker. Knowing that their families were safe, the ones fighting were able to keep their heads on straight and get to the fight.

The battle ground was deadly silent as we stood, waiting for the rogues to come out of the woods. I looked next to me to see Angus, he stood in his human-like form but with wings. I had wanted him to stay with others in the bunker, but he was very insistent that he could've helped.

Angus looked at me and smiled, "It's going to be alright. All of it." He promised me, causing me to smile back.

"Your mate's change in size does nothing to change the weakness he inflicts onto the pack. A fairy is a fairy and a fairy is weak." A voice said from just inside the forest, he walked out to show what I assumed to be the leader. Others followed him until they all stood just outside of the forest, a few feet away.

"This is your one and only warning." I began, my voice was strong and loud. "Turn around and leave, no one needs to get hurt here. We don't want to hurt any of you." I looked around at the people who were about to put their lives on the line.

Many packs had misguided views on rouges, thinking that they were all evil and not to be trusted. They thought that there had to be good reason for them to not have a pack. That they must've committed a crime of some kind, or just that they were being punished and it wasn't their place to intervene. We thought differently at Green Moon, one of the first things I ever remember was my grandpa Jo teaching me that everyone was loved by the Moon Goddess. Treating the rogues like they were people was important to my parents too, it was how they found Galaxy. If my grandparents didn't give that group of rouges a chance, my parents wouldn't have a child.

"You're weaker than I thought, a true alpha wouldn't give a warning to those he is about to battle. A true alpha doesn't hesitate and would go for the kill-" He gasped as a tree root shot out from the dirt and impaled him through the heart. Blood dripped down the wound slowly as he looked down at the root with blank, dead eyes.

I looked at Angus with wide eyes as he glared at the now dead rouge. We didn't get to speak as the other rouges began yelling and charging forward.

I quickly shifted and let Oliver take some control, enough so that I was still present but he was doing most of the action. Most of the fight was a blur, I was mostly focused on trying to watch Angus. He was incredible, flying over the battlefield as he both protected our pack and attacked rouges. Honestly it felt like he did most of the fighting, the warriors mostly took care of those that tried to sneak past us further into the pack and Oliver mostly only killed those that attacked us first.

It must've been hours but it felt like minutes before I was shifted back to a human, panting as I stared at the area that was covered in corpses and weeping rouges as they mourned their losses.