28

I took a nervous breath as Angus and I stood on the front porch of my parents house. I hadn't been back there since Angus left, I was able to speak to my mom but I hadn't spoken a word to my father.

"Are you sure you have to do this? I told you how my father talked about you when you went back to your village, you don't have to say anything to him." I asked, hoping that Angus would back out at the last second.

"I know, but I still need to apologize. It's the least your mom deserves." He said before he knocked on the door. Typically, I would just walk in but it didn't even feel like my home anymore, just a house I grew up in.

"Felix! Hami!" Mom said as he opened the door. "You know you don't have to knock, you two are always welcome here. We were just finishing lunch with the kids, Galaxy, and Emily. But I'm sure there is extra, or I could make you both something real quick. Are you guys hungry?"

"Mom, we're alright. We came here for something else. Angus had something he wanted to talk to you and Dad about."

"It's actually good that Galaxy is here too, I need to apologize to them as well." Angus added.

"Oh, well you two just have a seat and we will be there in a minute."

We sat on the loveseat that sat under the window to the right of the front door. Angus and I didn't have to wait long before Dad, Mom, Galaxy, and Emily came into the room. They all sat down on the other couch and chairs in the room, waiting for Angus to speak first.

"We have some news that we want to share with you guys, but first I need to apologize for my past actions. Galaxy, on the day your brother was born, I told your mother that he should've left you alone to focus on Felix, because I thought that he needed to think about his blood. I am so sorry that I ever said that and that I ever thought that way. I never should've said that, you were two and you being adopted didn't- doesn't make you any less your parents' child."

"Oh, um. That's alright Angus, I can't really be upset with you over something I'm only finding out about because you're apologizing for it. Besides, it was twenty years ago. Not a big deal." Angus nodded gratefully and turned to my parents.

"Aiden, Jayvee, I'm so sorry that I ever thought that you couldn't love Galaxy just as much as your other children. I was so wrong to think that you couldn't love a child that wasn't blood. I don't know if you'll ever forgive me," He paused and stood from his seat to kneel in front of my parents. "But I beg for it. Jayvee I know that you hate me for what I said, but I can't be the reason for the strained relationship with your son anymore. Please forgive me, both of you."

"Hami, please get up." Mom began, "I'm very glad that you've apologized, but it was so long ago. I've already forgiven you, you make my son happy, that is all a parent could ask for." Mom looked over at Dad with hopeful eyes, eyes that Dad has been unable to say no to for years.

"It'll take more than a simple apology to get me to forgive you. But I'm willing to give you one more chance. Just don't hurt my kids again."

"So, what made you want to apologize all of a sudden, Hami?"

"Well," I began as I guided Angus to sit back on the loveseat. "After the fight, when I was checking the damage done, I found someone. Clover, he is a child of one of the rogues that were killed. He's two and," I looked at Angus with a big grin, "and we're adopting him."

"We have a son." Angus added happily.

Mom excitedly jumped up and cheered, he happily pulled the both of us into a hug before giving us one each individually. Dad also got up, slower, and shook my hand with a proud smile.

"When can we meet our grandson?" They asked happily.