20

FELIX

I sighed deeply as I woke up from my sleep. I kept my eyes closed as I dug myself deeper into the blankets and smiled as my mate's scent caressed my nose. That had my eyes snapping open as I sat up quickly. "Angus!" I gasped.

I looked around to see that I was in my bedroom, Edan was sitting in a chair next to the bed. He was giving a confused look at something behind me. I quickly followed his eyes to see my mate, but different.

He was bigger and didn't have his wings; he looked human. "Angus?" I asked in disbelief. I turned to look at him and sat on my knees. I slowly lifted my hand up and touched his cheek.

"Hi, Felix." He said as if he hadn't disappeared for almost two months.

"H-how?" I asked as I ran my hand down his arm to his hand. It was smaller than mine, but not as much as it used to be. I threaded our fingers together and grinned.

"I know that I should've told you before I left. I was just so worried that you'd tell me that I didn't need to do this. I had to do this, I wasn't going to wait longer than I had to to be with you." He began his speech.

I knew better than to interrupt him but I couldn't help but feel hurt. He left on his own? He paused and looked at Edan then back to me. I could tell that he wanted to talk about our past so I smiled at him. "It's alright, I told him our history." He nodded and continued.

"I wasn't willing to wait longer than I already have. Felix, I need you to understand that I'm not blaming you for having to wait twenty years, I will never hold that against you. But I couldn't- can't wait longer to be with you. So I left for my old village to get help. My best friend, Sydney, was able to help me with a spell."

"So are you like this forever?" I asked, I was sad that I wouldn't get to see him up in his reading corner any longer. My eyes widened as Angus began to shift and change size. Within a blink, he was back to his old size with his wings, his bigger clothes swallowed him. Before I could cover him from Edan's eyes, he changed back to his new size.

"I can control it. Sydney also helped me learn how to retract my wings."

"That's incredible!" Edan said from behind me. I didn't look away from Angus as he gave me a hooded look.

"That's not all," He began again, "the spell also modified my body to, um, stretch without tearing." I gulped as my mouth went dry.

"Hey Edan?" I asked without breaking lustful eye contact with my mate.

"Yeah?"

"Get out."

"Yeah, fair." He quickly left the room, and the apartment with a slam of the front door.

"Kitten?" I said as I shifted in my place, I didn't want to act like such a virgin but I had no idea what I was doing. "Do you want to-" I was cut off by Angus quickly climbing into my lap.

I smiled as he kissed me, it was going to take some getting used to; Angus being so much bigger than normal. He leaned back and smiled at me, "Would you like me to take the lead? Or do you want to?"

"I-I don't know, I-" I stuttered causing his eyes to grow wide.

"Felix, when I said that I couldn't wait any longer, I didn't mean that in a way to force you if you're not ready. If you're not ready then we won't but don't make your decision based on what I want."

"Goddess, I love you." I said as I brought our lips together again. I ran my hands up his sides and moved us until he was lying down under me. "I want to, but I'll need your help."