Chapter 4 - Boiling Blood

Shizuo's P.O.V.

Izaya's fur-trimmed coat was my only target as I threw a sign his way and he dodged it by a centimeter. After he had swung around the pole, it caught me off guard as he started running in my directing. By that time, I had another pole in my hand, ready to hit the flea with it.

I tried to lash at him, but I missed. He ran right by me, without stopping as I tried to hit him. I came at an abrupt stop, turned with the sign still in my hand -and almost hit some people with it in the process- and continued running. The louses coat was faintly seen in the distance. 'There was no way in hell he was that far.' I thought.

My speed increased gradually as I continued to run, catching up with Izaya's, kinda. With his long legs, and his skinny structure, and his cross country running skills, he could easily outrun anyone; except for me, not yet at least. My steps seemed to be the only noise at the moment, as they echoed throughout the roads.

Two blades whipped though the air, right at me. I caught one in my mouth, but the second one grazed my cheek slightly. I felt the blood slowly leak out of the slim, straight line of a wound on my cheek. It was like burning acid sliding down my cheek, since the cool air was hitting my face at the same time. The red liquids made a red streak across my cheek as it fell from my sharp jawline as I ran, falling onto the ground with a light 'plip.'

With the other blade in my mouth, I satisfyingly snapped it in two pieces, and spit it out onto the side. 'Just a few more yards.' I chanted as I continued to run on Izaya's trail. Just a few more yards and with a swing I could break all the bones in that body of his. The thought of blood and bones breaking made a sadistic grin slide across my face, as my eyes dilated the slightest bit as I began to run faster.

The image of a crushed flea under a stop sign made my adrenaline run through my veins faster. What a sight it would be, the louse on the floor, bloody and his bones all crushed. I'll let him die there, walk away like as if nothing ever happened. That day I'll smoke fifty cigarettes and drink all night in celebration. What a day would it be. I'll be able to do my work in peace without a flea interfering. Sure, signs, garbage cans, cars, and vending machines will be seen flying through the sky, but at least it would't be the flea's doing. Besides, I'm sure all of humanity hates him.

With the thought in mind, I took a swing at the flea, and in return, he ducked. As I took another swing before giving him time to recover, I was able to graze his chest a bit, but not to much damage, but he did manage to fall backwards. The sign was brought down to meet his head but he rolled out of the way, and avoided hitting a car that was driving too close by the sidewalk as he rolled forward, knocking me practically off my feet in the process.

The blade grazed my pant leg shortly after, and seeing the cut in the pants that my baby brother gave me made me furious.

"Iz-aya-kun!" I made sure to drag all the syllables," my brother gave me those pants!"

Practically digging the sign two feet down into the sidewalk, which was meant to hit the flea, was crushed in two pieces. The flea smirked and ran up the closest building wall as he grabbed a windowpane to pull him up. I was almost able to grab his leg, but he was quick and pulled it away.

"Tsk. Tsk." Was the only thing the flea did in response. He jumped two more times before he reached the ceiling. Grabbing the ledge, he pulled himself up and turned to wink at me and stick out his tongue, and ran.

My blood boiled in my veins. I wasn't going to let him get away. "That son of a bitch." I hissed through clenched teeth. Wrapping my hand around the base of the sign that I had dug into the sidewalk, and pulled it out roughly. I looked back at the pedestrians that were a starring in horror and some even taking pictures and videos. "What that fuck are you looking at!?"

The people soon turned away, and some ran. I didn't waste another minute there, I just took off to look for the flea that I let get away, but not for long.

---

Crushing the tenth cigarette of the hour, I put it out under my shoe and I began to walk away. That flea had gotten away, but the next time I saw him, I'll make him pay. Today, I had knocked four men out, two went flying through the sky, and one man peed his pants. It was an exceptionally good day at work I guess. I did get hit in the face with a fire extinguisher though, and man was I furious. I sent that man flying.

With all the progress we had done that day, I was able to go home early, planning to crash on my couch early. The run from this afternoon drained me out, and my eyelids were getting heavy, but just thinking about the flea got my energy running.

"That fucking bastard. I'll kill 'em. Kill kill kill kill kill kill..." I started to chant as I snapped an unlit cigarette in two, letting it fall to the floor. I'll kill him. Soon enough my hand will be wrapped around his throat, and I will choke him to death, or, I could crush every bone and then let him die slowly with the loss of blood. Soon, all I was doing was thinking of ways to kill the bastard. After everything he has done to me since highschool, I was going to get him back. Shinra always said that killing Izaya was too much, but I think it was just perfect. The flea wouldn't even have a funeral. Who would even show up? Not his twins, they hate him, and not Shinra or Celty; Celty just runs errands for him for money, and Shinra just pretends to be his friend, right? And that secretary of his would gladly kill him as well.

I couldn't stand the thought of someone else killing him. That was my job. Yea that flea has many enemy's because of his job, but only I was allowed to kill him. We have gone all the way back to highschool. Damn, did that bastard piss me off.

"Ugh!" There goes another unlit cigarette. At this rate, I'm going to crush all my cigarettes without lighting them if I don't just cool down. With that thought in mind, I get up and go grab some boxers with a white plain tee and go take a cold shower to help me cool down.

Violence. Oh how I hate violence. But Izaya was an exception, he was so damn annoying, I could just... Ugh! I harshly turn the cold water knob and instantly felt the ice cold water travel down my body. It soothes my temper, my clenched up hands going numb at my sides. I soon started thinking of my brother. How was he doing? I hope he was doing well. That reminds me, I should call him tomorrow, to see how he is doing and all. If that flea even though about touching my little brother, I'll do worse than just plainly kill him...

The cold water stopped as soon as I once again turned the knob. Stepping out of the shower, I dried myself down and put on my clothes, not even caring about my hair. I was barely even able to drag my feet to the bed before I collapsed. Woah, I guess that run actually did drain me out. I slowly closed my eyes, not bothering to go under the covers, and sleep soon took over my senses.

'I'll kill him...'