Chapter 16 - Carousel

Izaya had been changed into the emergency room. He has been there for hours, Celty nor Shinra have left. The doctors had come before to tell them his progress. Izaya had somewhat choked himself with his own blood.

With such forceful vomiting of blood, it was caused from one of the GI, meaning the throat, esophagus, windpipe and such. Izaya has Hematemesis. It appears that the cut to his throat had cut some blood vessels and it made him throw up all that excessive blood amounts. Swollen veins in the lower esophagus leading to the stomach had begun to bleed, causing Izaya to throw up the blood that was escaping, since there was no way to get it back in the veins, the body decided to waste it. Thankfully, there were no tumors that could have caused it, so Izaya was clear from possibilities. Thanks to the immediate medical help, the doctors don't think that he will have a serious medical problem, thank god.

Trying to get Izaya to eat something now won't do any good with the past events. It isn't a good idea either. Last time, it was pure blood, but if it happened again, and they have fed him, there will be food. This would cause Izaya even worse dehydration. That was the last thing doctors would want in the male's case.

Shinra was pacing the floor, making Celty and everyone else in the waiting room nervous. Celty's fingers itched, and her skin had goosebumps. With trembling fingers, she typed on her PDA with some trouble.

[S-Shinra calm down! I'm sure he will be fine! They said that t-they are working on it!]

She held it up, grabbing Shinra's wrist as he past her again. All movements stopped, making the doctor look dead as he eyed the floor. Looking up slowly, he eyed the device with words on it through his brunette locks of hair.

"Remind me the next time I see Shizuo to kick him with all my might in the balls." That received some whispers from the people sitting next to Celty. With that, he returned to pacing the floor, looking over at the elevator every few seconds, most likely waiting to see the familiar doctor that had talked to them earlier.

Each tap of Shinra's shoes on the floor below them echoes in Celty's non existent ears, making the hairs on the back of her neck stand. This was torture, why couldn't they just let them in? He stopped loosing blood, and he was resting. Shouldn't that let them be able to see the raven, even if he wasn't conscious?

'Stupid doctors. Stupid rules'

With a groan, Shinra walked over to the seat vacant next to Celty, and sat with a heavy sigh slash annoyed huff. Crossing his arms, extending his legs all the way, and looking away down the hallway; Shinra looked like a child, a spoiled child throwing a tantrum for something insignificant and stupid. What could he do other than be annoyed at the damn authorities while his friend could be dying inside.

"I should have seen it. I should have known he would have had a Hypovolemic shock after the incident. I'm so fucking stupid." Many would say that Shinra was the happy go lucky kind of guy, that was what he looked like. You shouldn't judge a person by their appearance though. Never judge a book by its cover. Shinra was more than what people saw, deeper inside, he was someone tying to break physics and a man of rational thinking. He was the person that tried to be different on the outside, trying to fix themselves on the inside.

Just like Izaya.

The past half year has been much for him. He never knew Izaya had such an impact on his life, is was scary. The whole time Izaya had been in a coma, his voice invaded Shinra's mind at the wrong times. He felt like he was being violated in the worst way. 'It's scary how much people trust me' Izaya's voice would say, he could imagine the smirk on the others face, just to spite him. He spent countless hours away trying to figure out what the hell Izaya was doing that day when it went down, what he was thinking while in a coma, and what the fuck he would be thinking once he woke up. It was pure torture. Just like being made to wait outside when he could be studying Izaya, dissecting him piece by piece with just a look at him; wanting to know what the fuck he was thinking. Just to know. Izaya had a complicated mind, and so did Shinra, but he wasn't an idiot.

"Kishitani, Shinra." The words rang out in a female voice. He lifted his head to see a nurse standing in front of the hallway. Standing up, he and Celty had walked to the source of the one calling out the underground doctor's name, and walking past her to the elevator that would take them up.

"This is fucked up."

The elevator ride was awkward, a woman with her two children looked at Celty with weirded out eyes, recognizing her as the 'headless rider'. If it wasn't already awkward in the waiting room with everyone staring, they were in an enclosed place at the moment. The two had walked past the door 296, as that wasn't were Izaya was no longer located, and to hit home run, they had to turn at a few places, getting them both confused. The nurse had let them to door 246. So to say, 'the farther away from the elevator, the lower the number' Shinra noted in his mind, as he opened the door by turning the doorknob slowly, and pushing the heavy door ajar.

This room wasn't any better than the last one. In fact, it smelled of blood, the iron filled the doctor's senses. Grey eyes met vermillion. Everything became tense as Shinra stood by the open door and Celty next to him poking her helmet in.

"Hey."

Shinra practically jumped out of his skin at the simple noise. Celty herself had jumped back, needing to grab the doorframe to settle herself. Shinra's eyes were wide, and if Celty had a head, he was sure that her eyes would have popped out.

"I-Izaya?"

It was silent for a few seconds. Izaya's head was down looking at his lap.

"Who else? The monster?"

It took a second for Shinra to realize and he laughed it off as he took a few steps in and reached the bedside, Celty still frozen by the door. She was swaying a bit.

In Izaya's hands, was a little black device, with a screen. It looked like a phone, but not exactly.

"Did I scare you?" The voice that could be heard was a male one, but it was monotone. Reminded Shinra of Celty's PDA. "Do you have a piece of paper and a pencil or something to write with? I hate this thing." The voice recited.

"Sorry Izaya-kun." There was silence once again. The pads of Celty walking were the only things that echoed the room apart from the ECG. "So you uh.... Remember?"

Izaya lifted his head, looking at Shinra in the eyes, and shrugged. Extending a weak finger to the glass of water next to Shinra, the other helped him take a sip of water, which went the wrong way. A coughing fit rippled through the lean body as he tried to regain composure. Red eyes that looked dead, looked straight at the doctor, a frown on his face as a hand wrapped around an alabaster skinned neck, the crumbling of white gauze heard through the quiet room.

Izaya was a dead man. His eyes said it all.

Notes:

So sorry for such a short chapter. I have felt like complete shit and nauseated since this morning, so this was a quick scribble. I'll try and make it up to you next chapter.

(This was supposed to be uploaded yesterday. Oops)

|New YAOI book will be released in the near future of random gay ships like ShizuoxIxaya LevixEren, and Shota!GarekixNai. Ranges from fluff all the way to smut|

(See a grammar mistake? Notify me!)