Chapter 21 - Knock Knock

"Don't we all just want soft hair, me pretty eyes? The right clothes and skinny thighs?
but here we are; ruffled hair, and lifeless eyes. Bloody clothes and scared thighs."

-E.R.

It was the short, heated breaths that came out of his mouth, sweat sticking to raven locks of silky hair, plastered carelessly on a pale forehead. Eyes wide and full of slight panic and fear, but the smirk never left his lips as it danced. Heart beats quickened, adrenaline rushing through his veins, pace picking up as he rounded a corner, edge of his shoe almost getting caught on a crevice of the sidewalk. Crowds parted to let the lithe androgynous body through, hearing the heavy footfalls of the ones who were running with crazed eyes. Cool wind whipped past him, as the sky's threatened to rain, birds singing, announcing the soon arrival of tears from the heavens. Yet people still walked, umbrellas in hand, all wearing similar clothing, all part of the conformity. They were all used to it as they let the people pass, making sure not to get in he way or they would get trampled, which was worse than being hit by a speeding truck.

It was all the craze, running and seeing how far he could go, just how good it was to run, even though his lungs burned for sweet air. Footfalls still got faster and faster, running as fast and as far, feeling like they were flying. Wind stung the opened eyes, but it didn't matter. None of the little details did, only the run.

Blond messy locks, white and black scheme, and blue sunglasses. Heavier footfalls, broad shoulders, and thick mass, yet still muscular. Eyes fixed on target and weapon in hand, eyes dilated as if it had spot the bullseye and keeping goal in mind. Crushing fist, ignoring the wind, eyebrows furrowed. White teeth clenching down as a vein popped from their forehead, annoyance growing quickly. Stamina empty yet still running to be able to reach out full arm length and be able to snatch the bastard. Growl on lips, nose flaring. Mocha orbs shielded by a beautiful blue gift, wind passing by ears and creating a low whistle. Fast footsteps rounded the corner after the other, passing by many others as the perfect path was made for the two as the one in front of them achieved.

Mouth opened and ready to yell, lungs full with air, volume reaching its peak.

"IZAAAYAAAAA!!"

Once again, speed accelerated as they jumped up to catch a windowsill under the owners slick fingers. Kicking to the side a foot caught onto a fire escape. The other foot soon joined and hands jumped over to the rusty ladder. Unlocking its feet on the railing, the black haired man ran with a light parka flowing behind him, casting a shadow. Once again, the figure had jumped onto another disconnected part of the fire escape that must have broke off, and swung itself onto the roof of a building, and continued to dash off, fingers curling over a blade in a pocket of the parka.

A loud yell followed, as the blond figure had followed the other up the building another way. A rusty ladder now in its other hand.

Orihara Izaya and Heiwajima Shizuo.

"FUCKING LOUSE! DIE!!" The stop sign flew first, right after the raven, probably thrown at a speed of about a hundred miles per hour. Red eyes flickered to the side, glazed a bit, and with sudden speed, barely dodges the flying 'Stop' sign, cutting their jacket and a cut through pale skin. With the wrong footing, the figure fell, and thrusting their arms out, tried to catch themselves before hitting face first into the concrete. With no time wasted, they rose and began to ran, ignoring the sting the sign had left in its wake and ignoring the bad and clumsy footing of theirs as they jumped from one roof to another, barely making it. This time the figure did crash face first, pulling some skin from their cheek and blood started dripping.