Chapter 22 - Nest

"Everyone is asking me if I'm okay as if it were an easy question to answer."

Izaya felt a bead of cold sweat drip from the side of his head, slowly rolling down his once beautiful skin. Fear was evident in his eyes as he was stiff in his upright position, the only thing moving was the feline on its hind legs kneading the informant's shirt, trying to sooth him from the random jerk from his sleep.

The wind outside howled as it whipped close to is, making the room seem all the eerier. The lamp turned on from before casted shadows in the room, darkness catching at the corners and where the walls met. Yellow light casted the bed in a soft glow, where the most recent movements were being made.

Breath came in rapid, shallow intakes, lungs not even being filled half way. The soft taps of small plush paws on his chest weren't being felt, as his whole chest area seemed to go numb. That coolness soon stretched up his throat just by where his tongue starts. His shaking hands soon felt the coolness too, the numbing fear that had already started eating away at him slowly. The soft knocking on the window wasn't getting any better.

On shaking legs, Izaya had to grab the wall for support, as the trauma of getting stabbed in the throat was still being a bitch. Practically dragging himself to the window, and leaning against the wall to hold him while he partially had his ass on the table behind him that stood next to the chair, he unlocked the window, which took some effort when you have shaking hands that happen to be quite numb. Pulling the window open was a whole other story though, but with one sharp pull that kind of made the window screech, it was free.

Izaya's heart probably stopped a second as to when he felt the air and heard the loud chirp of a bird that had been startled and took off into the dark open sky. There was no more movement after that, and Izaya had been able to catch a nest with three eggs before it fell off the tiny ledge by the window. It only took the raven a few seconds to realize that the noise wasn't knocking on this window, it was tapping, and from a birds beak. Just realizing it gave him the very much needed desire to sleep as relief came off in waves from him. Even with the need to sleep, and his eyes closing on themselves, Izaya didn't think he could sleep, he still slightly trembled, and after a dream like he had before, he wasn't exactly willing to get his face scratched by a startled cat. So with a huff, Izaya let himself drop into the chair, feeling now returning to his legs, in the form of pain.

He played with his thumbs, puffing his cheeks out and letting the air slowly leave him, before taking another big breath. He tried to still the buzzing pain in his legs, so he could make it back to the bed, this chair wasn't as comfortable at the moment.

He wanted peace.

Notes:

Heyo!

Don't kill me pls.

I had finals and I had to study for that shit, so please do not be angry at me for not updating. I also had AnimeNext two weekends ago just before my finals so it was too hectic to update then.

This chapter is short because I'm a lazy ass and I think you can last one more short chapter. Oh, the ending is right around the corner, like, probably five to seven more chapters. I mean it this time ;)

IM GOING TO FUCK OFF NOW

See a grammar mistake? Notify me!