Chapter 11

As, well hopeful that Lexa sleeps, Mick and Ben arrives to the dead passenger's house, Kelly Taylor. Seeing people lighting candles and saying prayers or something in the middle of the night, Mick climbs out of the passenger seat. Sure, Mick can drive and does, but ever since her best friend's passing when they were drinking and driving; Mick can never forgive nor feel safe driving again. She still blames herself.

While thinking about Evie, Ben climbs out of the driver's seat and locks the car before helping Mick relax by doing deep breathing with her.

"Do not speak or ask questions." Mick whispers, "We get in then out."

"Okay." Ben agrees knowing they are only there to find out if Kelly's death is from someone or a calling, as Mick and Lexa named it.

After speaking and showing her badge, Mick gets her and Ben inside Kelly Taylor's house. Noticing there is no forced entry, and the murder weapon is missing, Mick and Ben listens to everything the officer says to absorb the information.

"Was anything taken?" Mick suddenly asks as they look over Kelly's body.

"No." The man answers bored.

"Why is her neck all red then?" The man looks closer to Kelly's neck, "Does Kelly have a lover?"

"Yes. Her husband found her and is outside." Nodding, Mick stands up.

"Thank you for your time."

Starting to walk out, Ben immediately pulls Mick behind him when seeing NSA arrive. Most importantly, Vance.

"Shit." Vance curses seeing Ben and Mick, "You do know Ms. Stone is outside of her jurisdiction and that man is her brother? Also, they are both from flight 828."

Meeting glares from the officers on scene, Ben and Mick are forced out of the house and off the property. As Ben climbs into the driver's seat again he watches Mick walk over to a gentleman at the ambulance. When they begin to talk, Ben smiles as Mick takes notes and he copies down what they found out to solve this murder of Kelly Taylor. Even if there is a chance that Vance will before them. All Ben cares about is the police catch the correct murderer over the seemingly innocent victim they have in current custody.

Hearing the door open as the ambulance drives away, Ben looks up to see Mick.

"That was Mr. Patrick Taylor. They had a housecleaner who was jealous of Kelly and who constantly try on her clothes. Her name is Christine Watson. I think Christine may know something. But, Patrick did say that Kelly was constantly repeating this over and over again 'own your truth'." Mick reveals.

"Was it," Ben stutters.

"A calling. Patrick said Kelly told him that as well."

"So, Kelly was having callings as well and got herself murdered for it?"

"Patrick seems to think so, or at least it comes off that way." Mick sighs as she buckles up, "We will piece it together tomorrow. I need to get back to Lex."

"Sounds good. We will stop for coffee first." Ben agrees before backing up and pulling out of the packing spot.

***

Pulling up to the house, Ben sighs as he puts the car into park.

"I think you should go see Evie's parents tomorrow after resting and take Lexa to meet them. Just for closure. I could easily drop you off if need to be." Ben admits tiredly.

"I know. The last time I saw them, they blamed me about Evie which I couldn't argue or defend myself." Mick explains tearfully.

"For us it was recent and for them it's been five years, Mick. It's time to try again. Maybe taking Lexa with you will soften the blow."