Chapter 24

While Saanvi runs the test with Ben and Mick in her office, Saanvi finds the all too familiar marker.

"Griffin has the marker too." Saanvi whispers to herself before looking to Mick and Ben. Ben is passed out could while Mick is waking up.

"Since he has the marker, we need to tell him about the callings." Mick comments sadly and startles Saanvi by accident, "Sorry for the startling."

"It's okay, sorry for being easily spooked." Saanvi apologizes turning around in her chair to face Mick.

"I don't blame you, Saanvi so there shouldn't be a reason to apologize. Besides, being kidnapped and at gun point causes trauma. I know the feeling all too well."

"You do?"

"Yes, I do. None of what happened is your fault. I'm here for you and just a call or text message away." Mick promises, "Aside from that, you are my best friend and went through hell. You are not alone."

"Thank you." Saanvi thanks with tears falling, "I'm sorry for crying."

"No need to say sorry about that either. Would you consider therapy? I was forced and found out I have PTSD from when Evie died and the accident just before Jamaica. I can always try and connect you to a good therapist?"

"I might. Just not yet."

"There's no pressure. May I tell you something on this topic?"

"Sure."

"Build supports and keep those who support you close. Take things slow if you do go to therapy. Hell, I can drive you there if the office takes you on."

"Really?"

"I promise. You are never alone, and never again."

"I'd like that." Saanvi accepts before sniffling as more tears fall. Watching Mick stand up, Mick pulls her into a light, gentle hug.

"I'm here for you. Always and forever." Mick whispers in her ear. Letting Saanvi cry in their hug, Mick just stays there hugging in their embrace.

***

By the time that Mick explains the callings to Griffin, he will only cave and give information to the FBI for the smaller sentence or no sentence at all for the crimes he committed; now four days ago. As another police officer pulls Mick out of the room, Griffin smirks darkly as Mick calls in to speak with the chief who calls the FBI in return. Seeing the dark smirk before leaving, Mick shakes her head in fury.

Going back upstairs after getting some air, Mick runs into Grace and Lexa.

"Mommy!" Lexa smiles as she and Mick hug before Mick picks her up.

"Hey, Beautiful." Mick greets before hugging Grace while Cal and Olive are at school, "Thank you for bringing her."

"There's no need to thank me." Grace smiles, "She was asking for you so Ben told me you both stayed at Saanvi's office."

"We are and did." Mick confirms, "Would you like to come up?"

"Sure." Grace agrees watching Lexa stare into a recovery room, which Mick catches on. Walking them to the elevator, Mick explains whose room that was.

"Is he a bad guy?" Lexa asks still in Mick's arms.

"Yes, a very bad guy." Mick explains softly, "I think Griffin is the wolf."

"Why so?" Grace wonders curiously.

"Just a feeling."

As the elevator stops, the three of them get off before walking to Saanvi's office. Arriving there, Mick knocks on the door, before entering the room when Saanvi opens the door. Watching Saanvi light up seeing Lexa.

"How are you doing, Beautiful?" Saanvi asks Lexa before giving Grace a hug.

"I'm okay. And you?" Lexa blushes shyly.

"I'm hanging in there." Saanvi admits, "Your mom is helping me a lot."

Leaning forward, Lexa gives Saanvi a hug and hugs her tight. Accepting the hug, Saanvi hugs her back gently.

***

Talking and working, Mick sighs happy that Lexa has accepted Saanvi, which is a huge help. Feeling her phone buzz before ringing at a mild volume, Mick pulls it out of her pocket before picking up Jared's call.

"Hey, Jared." Mick answers softly before heading to the window. Half listening to him, Mick feels eyes on her. Turning, Mick immediately feels Lexa's presents, before Lexa's hand grabbing her's, "Why are you stalking Zeke, Jared?"

Hearing his weak excuse of 'there's something fishy about him'. Mick sighs over the phone as anger fills her body.

"Have you ever considered that his actions, might be a natural response to what is going on with all of us?" Mick snaps lightly to Jared, cutting off all excuses.

"I'm trying to protect you!" Jared counters furiously.

"We are friends, Jared, and that's all we will ever be. I'm not looking to be in a relationship that may hurt or confuse my daughter." Mick frowns, "You scared and hurt her when we were over, and you were drinking heavily. I don't want and refuse to allow her around that again."

"Mick," Jared starts sadly, "Can I see you both and apologize?"

"No. I'm angry at you right now, and I don't want Lexa to get hurt again. I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too, Mick. But I caught Zeke trying to break into a townhouse. He claims it's his mom's place. Then, the officer I had him follow Zeke, and he bought drugs. He's dangerous, Mick."

"I'll talk to him." Mick offers as she is still furious at Jared, "Thanks." Hanging up the call, Mick sighs and struggles with her emotions.

"Mommy?" Lexa whispers to earn herself Mick's attention. Immediately raising her arms, Mick picks her up and holds Lexa close. While Mick and Lexa hug, Saanvi helps them to sit down at her desk before the family and Saanvi all move so they are in their seats around Mick and Lexa, "Zeke won't hurt us on purpose. It's not who he is." Lexa speaks softly from overhearing Jared.

Hearing Mick sniffle, Lexa hugs her tighter, "Thank you, Baby Girl." Mick thanks gently as a few tears fall. While explaining what the call was about, Lexa cuddles into Mick before Mick receives another call.

"It's the Chief." Mick frowns before letting everyone to fall silent. Picking up the call, Mick finds out that the FBI is not going to charge Griffin because they found and defused the bomb they were looking for.

Ending the call, Mick stands up and the family, including Saanvi head down to Griffin's room. Spotting Jared, due to Mick being slightly higher in the ranks, releases Griffin from police custody.

"Thank you kindly, Detective Stone." Griffin smirks before seeing Lexa peeking into the room behind Mick, "And, who is this?" He asks staring at Lexa and earns himself Mick's attention. Following Griffin's stare, Mick immediately pulls Lexa behind her.

"Family." Mick states furiously.

"I'm going to announce the callings on TV tomorrow, Detective Stone. I'm going to see if I can have you hold back the crowd." Griffin taunts.

"What good would come from it, Griffin? You will sound like a lunatic."

"Maybe, but I'm gifted, just like you and the other returnees. How are you today, little girl?" Griffin wonders still in his taunting voice.

Sending him a curious look from behind Mick, Jared steps into the room.

"You're not supposed to in here!" Jared snaps at Lexa, causing Lexa to tear up and let out a scared whimper.

"Detective Vasquez, you were supposed to take her to my family!" Mick glares, "You were supposed to watch her too."

"Just get her out of here, Detective Stone." Jared snubs Mick in anger.

"Fine." Mick states before escorting Lexa out of the room and into the hallway.