Chapter 22

Not even three hours after their arrival as Lexa is curled up in her sleeping bag, thumping outside the cabin is heard. Standing up, Mick silently pulls Lexa's sleeping bag over toward the couch where she and Cal are. Getting the idea, Cal shields Lexa just as Mick unlocks the cabin door with her licenced gun raised in protection.

Pulling open the door, a man collapses in a heap and with a loud thump. Gently shifting his feet out of the way from the door, Mick closes and locks it before putting her gun away and changing him out of his outer gear and into the sleeping bag next to their roaring fireplace to warm up.

During the night, Mick stays up as Cal sleeps and Lexa is now next to her on the couch with their sleeping bags zipped up together to be big enough for the two of them. Letting Lexa cuddle up to her, Lexa soon enough falls back to sleep in Mick's embrace. Thinking about the calling and how the man next to the fireplace is identical to the one from their calling, Mick secretly knows he won't hurt them, but she can't risk Cal's and Lexa's safety on that.

As morning arrives and Mick is growing tired from staying up all day and night the day before, Mick hides her gun beside her before dozing off.

***

Waking up to the sound of laughter, Mick yawns and rubs the sleep from her eyes before opening them to see Cal and the man playing Monopoly and Lexa is at her feet keeping her distance but also playing. Shifting on the couch to make sure everyone is fine; Mick clears her throat to earn herself their attention.

"We left you some oatmeal." The man smiles nervously.

"Thank you. I'm going to eat and watch all of you play." Mick smiles back before getting up to get her breakfast and to brush her teeth. Hearing the laughter continue, Mick smiles knowing Cal and Lexa are making the gentleman comfortable and relaxed before the hard questions arrive.

Once finished eating and brushing her teeth, Mick calls out Lexa's name who immediately comes to her.

"Have you brushed your teeth yet, honey?" Mick asks her daughter who shakes her head no. Immediately kissing Lexa's forehead, Mick asks her to do so, which Lexa agrees. Once Lexa is finished, Mick packs their toothbrushes again along with the toothpastes that they used.

Feeling Lexa take her hand, little Lexa drags Mick back to the living room before Lexa sits down on the ground with Mick on the couch and pulls out their hairbrush. Brushing Lexa's hair before brushing her own, Mick relaxes as she pulls out her phone that she charged overnight.

"May we know your name, sir?" Cal asks kindly.

"My name is Zeke Landon." Zeke informs them gently, "May I know all of yours?"

"I'm Cal Stone." Cal smiles.

"This is my daughter Lexa, and I'm Michaela Stone." Mick reveals.

"Wait, from the flight that disappeared?" Zeke asks confused.

"828, yes. But, no time passed for us." Mick sighs, "Do you know what month and year we are in?"

"What?" Zeke whispers, "December of 2017. Why?"

"It's actually 2018." Cal frowns.

"What are you guys talking about?"

"You've been missing for a year, Zeke. But, you are going through what we are so we can help you." Mick offers.

"It makes no sense. I took shelter in a cave from a blizzard for two weeks. Then when it was over, I came here." Zeke shakes his head beyond confused and in denial.

"Zeke, how are we alive if the plane crashed or disappeared? How are you alive if you went missing for a year? No one knows. All we do know is, no time passed for all of us. All we can do is, somehow move forward. Cal's parents are coming to pick him up and we will head back to the city slowly." Mick frowns.