Chapter 12

As Monday morning arrives for their appointment, Mick and Lexa spent the whole weekend together and as promised; went out for Lexa to pick her stuffy – a panda bear that is purple. Gently knocking on Lexa's bedroom door, Mick immediately smiles meeting the sight of Lexa asleep and hugging the life out of the panda bear. Nervous about waking Lexa, Mick knows she must, or breakfast won't happen.

Softly calling Lexa's name while pulling out Lexa's clothes for the day, Mick hears a soft groan.

"Lex, it's time to wake up sweetie." Mick speaks up gently. After a few minutes of fighting sleep, Lexa is more awake and alert. Helping Lexa into her clothes and new boots, Mick makes up a quick breakfast for them.

Once finished eating and brushing their teeth, Lexa slips on her new coat and light gloves to keep warm. Zipping up their coats, the two of them leave the apartment and Mick locks the door. Holding each other's hands, Lexa keeps her head down and watches her feet.

Reaching the car, Mick unlocks it before helping Lexa into her car seat. Passing Lexa, a small backpack, Mick smiles.

"Just a few things to sooth you when you get nervous." Mick states before unzipping it slightly for Lexa to see. Inside are her colouring books, crayons, her panda, and a book she and Mick are reading together about a puppy. Once Lexa smiles up at her, Mick kisses her forehead before closing the door.

***

Arriving to the building they were asked to meet at, Mick parks their vehicle before helping Lexa out carefully. Helping to put the panda back in the bag, Mick locks their car before turning the sound off of her phone. As they walk up to the building, Lexa holds Mick's hand tightly. Reaching the entrance, Mick opens the door and steps inside with the small girl next to her.

"Can I help you?" The receptionist asks annoyed.

"Yes, you can. I'm in the trial period to become Lexa's foster mom. We have an appointment this morning." Mick explains.

"Okay, I will let Sam know you are here." Thanking the lady before sitting down, Lexa immediately cuddles up to Mick and hides into her side.

Sitting there for about ten minutes, with Mick keeping Lexa calm, Sam – one of the other workers come out.

"Michaela Stone, I presume?" Sam asks walking over to Mick and Lexa. Seeing the man, Mick feels Lexa start to panic.

"That's me. I'm sorry to ask this, but you are scaring Lexa," Mick starts but Sam ignores her and holds out his hand to Lexa. Watching Lexa immediately back away and hides into Mick more.

"Come to our viewing room." Sam orders immediately before Mick stands up and picks Lexa up.

Walking into the viewing room, Sam tells Mick to leave Lexa there so he and Lexa can talk. Hesitating to leave Lexa alone, Mick finally leaves and closes the door.

"So Lexa," Sam starts to approach the scared girl before him, "Are you truly mute?" Grabbing Lexa's arm roughly, he pulls her close and rubs his body against her chest, "You feel good." Sam finally comments before stripping her clothes off and his pants and boxers, "Touch me."

Squeezing Lexa's arm tightly when she goes to move away, Sam shoves her face down to his center.

"Touch me right now Lexa, or I will not only rape you but Michaela Stone as well." Sam snarls. Hesitating, Lexa silently cries before raising her free hand as she trembles rapidly.

"That does it." Sam growls before he lifts her up by her throat and guides his center to Lexa's.

"MOMMY!!!" Lexa screams.