Chapter 14

As Lexa struggles to cope with the trauma, Mick offers to take her to therapy which Lexa accepts only if Mick stays with her. Driving to the hospital's therapy clinic for children, Mick's phone begins to ring. Picking up the call, it's Ben.

"Hey, what's up?" Mick greets and asks while on Bluetooth.

"Somehow, Cal developed a fever over night and is now speaking another language. We are at the hospital. Grace doesn't fully know about the callings nor does Olive." Ben panics.

"We will stop in. Jared, Lourdes and dad knows. I told them. I will help anyway I can and you guys did the right thing." Mick frowns, "Lexa has a fever as well. If this is a calling, Ben, we need a seating chart from the plane."

"Okay. Saanvi is in today; do you think she will help?"

"Of course, she will. We will help them, who knows maybe it's a minor calling."

"True. Focus on driving and we will try to get a shared room for them."

"Sounds great, thank you." As Mick drives, she can't help but fear this is a bad calling or is dangerous. Pulling into the hospital's parking lot, Mick carries Lexa inside and waits in the waiting room for the chance for Lexa to be seen.

Texting Ben of their arrival and Lexa must wait a good two hours before being seen, Lexa starts up again that caused Mick to panic. The fever spikes and Lexa's shaking in pain and starts to scream while clenching her head.

"Someone shut her up!" A grown woman complains.

"Michaela and Lexa Stone." Mick hears them get called in. Looking up it's Saanvi. Carrying Lexa in, in a rush, Saanvi explains that Cal started up again, and she and Ben found a clue to possible locations.

Leading Mick and Lexa into Cal's room that has an extra bed, Grace immediately stops them.

"This could be his cancer returning, and Lexa could be symptomatic." Grace frowns.

"She's not, Mrs. Stone. She has the exact same symptoms as Cal." Saanvi reveals.

"It's not his cancer either, Grace." Ben admits, "I told them to come take the extra bed for Lexa." Placing Lexa on the spare bed, Saanvi hooks Lexa up to the machine to keep track of her temperature and pulse. While doing this, Lexa begins to speak another language – a new symptom just like Cal.

"We must find those missing passengers, and fast." Saanvi comments toward Mick and Ben, "I don't know how long they have or how strong these connections are."

"Woah, what are you all talking about?" Grace intervenes.

"Ben, Saanvi, you both hold down the fort here, with Grace. I will call in to Jared and fill him in about this and get him to get in contact with Vance. I will bounce all over the place to solve this for the kids." Mick sighs looking sadly at her nephew and daughter, "It's my day off anyways."

As Lexa falls silent, she's aware, "Mommy, look for red door and underground." Lexa state weakly through the pain, "People are getting hurt."

"I will honey, hang on okay?" Mick agrees.

"Call the NSA guy on the way. He must help."

"Is the red door in the city or country?" Saanvi asks Lexa.

"Farmland." Lexa explains before starting to scream all over again. It's like the experiments is worse on her.

Hesitating on leaving Lexa, Grace understands the pain, "I will watch over them, Mick." Grace states, "I will let Ben and Saanvi help you find this needle in the haystack. They need you, Mick. Cal does and so does Lexa. Go get Jared and search those locations."