Chapter 23

Arriving back home, Mick, Lexa and Zeke arrive to the apartment before getting settled there. Receiving a text message from Saanvi, Mick reads the message.

Hey Mick, it's Saanvi, you, Lexa and all the passengers that checked in with Ben and I have the same blood marker. Cal and I are the first to be tested and it's like we were freezing or on ice for body temperature before warming up. In other words, someone restarted our hearts. Call me if you have any questions. I'm just getting ready to tell Ben the news. Ben told me you guys found someone who went missing as well. I would love to help them in any way I can.

Sending a quick message back to Saanvi, saying thank you and see her soon; Mick approaches Lexa to tell her she needs to head to work soon.

"Cal." Lexa whispers as Mick picks her up.

"Okay, I'll take you to see Cal today." Mick promises before giving Lexa a hug.

"I love you, mommy."

"I love you too, honey." Due to the fact it's afternoon now, Mick texts Grace and Ben – who are back together again to see if it's okay for Lexa to visit while she's at work. Once the reply comes in with the okay, Zeke offers to meet the family and to help babysit them which Mick, Grace and Ben all agree in the end.

In the car once they are ready to leave, Mick turns on the heat before buckling up and backing out of the stall. During the drive, Zeke smiles hearing Lexa humming in the back while listening to the music playing on the radio. Before Zeke could notice, he has a vision of a black wolf attacking Mick; little does he know Lexa and Cal sees it too.

As the vision end for Zeke and Lexa, Lexa looks up to notice that they are now at the Stone's residence, parked. Looking at her mom, Lexa has tears in her eyes.

"Be careful of the black wolf, mommy. Please?" Lexa begs tearfully, causing Mick to immediately climb out and open Lexa's door.

After asking Lexa what she means, Cal runs out of the house with his sketchbook, after hearing his little cousin burst into tears.

"Auntie Mick, I had the same calling as Lex." Cal interrupts sadly. Opening his book to the correct page, Cal shows what they saw. A black wolf at Mick's apartment and leaping at her.

"I had a vision like that." Zeke agrees nervously from behind them.

"I'll be okay, Lex. I promise." Mick promises, "I will fight for you, remember?" Unbuckling Lexa, Mick pulls Lexa into a hug and kisses her forehead, "Let's all get inside and settled."

Grabbing Lexa's bag before closing and locking the SUV, Mick carries her daughter inside before getting her settled. Getting stopped by Lexa on her way out, Mick bends down and hugs her once more.

"I'll be okay. Whatever this calling fires at me, I promise to fight with everything I must to stay with you." Mick promises once more, "Besides, I will call Grace and Ben to check up on you."

"Be careful." Lexa sniffles.

"I will." Gently pecking Lexa's lips, Lexa smiles as they pull apart and Mick wipes her tears away.

***

As Ben goes to Saanvi's office at the hospital, he sees the similar red X on the door but it's faint now from the paint being scrubbed off. Stepping into her office, the place is trashed aside from the pamphlet of the 'Church of the Returned'. Immediately calling his little sister who picks up the call from desk duty at the current moment, Ben explains the situation.

"I will track her phone to get a location. I need you to go to this 'church' and speak to the owner." Mick orders gently, "I will meet you there okay, Ben?"

Saving Herजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें