Chapter 4: The Clubs

Later in the day, I made my way to the gymnasium while greeting other students.

"Ah! Hello Yagami-kun!" Kushida cries out to me.

What the hell... how is she always nearby?

"Greetings Kushida! Say, are you also going to the club fair?" I respond while maintaining my calm and friendly composure.

"Yes I am! Can I come with you?"

This girl...

"Sure thing. Come on."

If this keeps happening, my anger might come out.

"By the way, congratulations Yagami-kun! You have been voted second on the Ike-man list! And have also placed high in a lot of other categories."

... I'm sorry, what?

"Oh! Did you not know about this?"

"First time I've heard about it..."

"Well, you've also made it on 3rd on smartest boys from what we've made assumptions on. You're also 10th on strongest boys!"

Kushida kept on rambling about my ratings before getting to the last one.

"And finally!" She says while striking a victory pose, "You are 1st on 'most datable guys', congrats!"

(While typing most 'datable guys', my autocorrect turned it into 'most eatable guys', it ain't happening you Wattpad users. Besides, that spot is reserved for Hashimoto fr fr).

"To be honest, I don't know if I should be grateful or confused. I don't think I've done anything special."

"No such thing Yagami! Many people have a good impression on you."

I would like to say this is all part of my plan but...

I didn't think my training would be THIS efficient.

"That's nice"

"..."

What was that response!? If Ichika saw this, she would laugh at me!

"Anyways Kushida, do you plan to join a club?" I ask trying to divert her attention from my mess up.

"I originally didn't plan on joining a club, but I changed my mind and thought that I might as well look. Have you been a club before Yagami-kun?"

She redirects the questions towards me. Fortunately, I was predicting that and have already came up with an answer.

"You might find it surprising, but I never was in a club before."

"Really!? I would have thought you would be in many clubs."

"I was too busy after school to be in a club, but I hope to change it this year if I find anything interesting."

"Ooo, maybe you should join the student council!"

I laugh a little before responding.

"That actually wouldn't be such a bad idea. But I don't plan on joining the student council right now."

"Aw, well. Maybe some other time!"

We arrive at the gymnasium right as the club fair started.

"Thanks for waiting, first-year students. We will now begin the club fair. A representative from each club will explain their function. My name is Tachibana, the student council secretary and the club fair's organizer. It's nice to meet you all."

After Tachibana delivered the opening remarks, representatives from each club quickly lined up on a stage. It was quite a diverse crowd. The club representatives included everything from burly athletes in Judie uniforms to students dressed in beautiful kimonos.