Chapter 10: Reality Check

"WHICH ONE OF YOU BASTARDS EXPELLED MY CLASSMATE!?"

"Um, Ryueen-kun, I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about" says Hirata with a confused look.

"Some asshole expelled my classmate Manabe and I want to find who did!"

"Someone expelled your classmate? Who would do such a thin?" I say.

Someone was clearly trying to find how the S-System clearly works.

"Oi, you" he says pointing to me, "you gonna help or not?"

Finding out the culprit would let him have revenge but first he needs to find out who that person is and have solid proof of it.

"Sure thing Ryueen. I will find the person behind this. This shouldn't be allowed" I say with a serious expression.

Any human would think that.

He returned to his class and after school ended, I got Horikita to help me find the culprit.

It wasn't easy I'll tell you that.

"How are we going to find the culprit?" Horikita asks me following me rhythm of my footsteps.

"Let's start with class A."

"Why class A?"

"I heard from an anonymous source that Class A is divided into two factions. The Katsuragi faction and  Sakayanagi faction" I explain to Horikita.

Sakayanagi would be a high suspect since of her natures to do things unnecessarily.

I can imagine her expelling Yamauchi for just pushing her.

It's quite funny.

"I don't want to spend more time than I have to."

"Don't be like that, Horikita. Besides,"

I turn around to face Horikita.

"We can be a pretty good team, right?"

I stare at her with my bright eyes and smile to ensure her I was saying the truth.

I wasn't, but that's manipulation for you.

Horikita freezes for a moment, she stutters and loses composure.

"S-sure..." she responds blushing.

(Don't worry, she's just happy he considers her a good mate and whatnot. As I said, he is not going to be with Horikita).

We reached Class A and begin our search.

I had gotten a lot of information from Kamuro but I wanted to confirm if she was lying to me or not.

If she is, I spent a lot of points for nothing.

But maybe I can use Hashimoto instead. His personality is one to work for whatever side guarantees victory.

He'll betray his class to graduate from class A.

We stayed for around 10 minutes observing.

Nothing worth noting happened except that I confirmed that Kamuro didn't lie.

I'm quite confident that Class B didn't do this either.

But then again, one would be cautious after their actions so they could be hiding in the shadows.

Like a mastermind you could say.

"I have a question, Yagami-kun."

"What is it?" I respond questionably.

"Did you do cram school? Your grades are pretty good so I was just wondering what you did in Junior High to get such good grades."

"Oh, yes. I indeed to cram school and I also did a lot of studying" I explain.

"I see."

The conversation ends in an awkward way.

I don't feel like dealing with this annoying person.

If we find at who expelled Manabe, then what would be the consequences? If Ryueen got his hands on them, he will probably take revenge using violence and then expel him. That's what I think of him after getting some information of his personality.

If the teachers got to them, it would depend on what they did to expel them.

And who knows, maybe the school encourages this?

Not to mention Class C lost 300 points putting them at 190 class points.

And what would other classes think of this person? I can only imagine Class B's reaction.

We got back to class to find everyone gone already. Me and Horikita got our stuff before leaving.

"Where are you going, Horikita?"

"I'm going to talk to Chabashira-sensei about my placement in class D."

Not this again...

"Listen, Horikita. Have you ever thought of re-evaluating yourself?"

"I have re-evaluated myself multiple times and I find no faults in myself."

This arrogant girl...

"This school doesn't evaluate everyone on just they academic levels. They base it off of multiple categories. People from Class A get the chance to go to their desired college because they prove they have the strengths to work."

"So? I have the strengths to work-"

I sigh before continuing.

"You lack social skills and think of everyone below you. I'm sorry to say this Horikita, but an employer would much rather pick someone like Ichinose than you to work for them."

Her expression turns to anger as she tries to hold in her emotions.

"Then why did they place all of the different people they way they did? By your logic Ichinose should be Class A material but she ain't in class A. Plus, if somehow our class got to class A, what about the people who did nothing?"

"This school is named Advance Nurturing. It helps people develop and if they can't keep up, then they're expelled. And let's take class D as for an example, everyone here as a defect. Including you. Now, let's say we go up the hierarchy with defect and that each class has a certain level of defect, just to a smaller case? Or maybe past history is involved as well."

Horikita struggles with my logic before answering.

"But what about grades-"

What if the grades are just a cover up? Maybe someone arranged these classes the way they are. Yahiko might actually be class C material. We don't know. That's why I think you should let of this. Alright?"

"F-fine..."

We continue the rest of the day without any more challenges. Thank goodness.

I went home to have some ice cream.

A/N: Was this chapter to humble Horikita and set up an antagonist? Yep. Next chapter will probably be with the two Horikita's. We will see.