Chapter 6: The Pool

(There was a certain picture I wanted to use for Yagami in this chapter. But 1. I can't find it and 2. It would probably be better for the island exam)

We all got changed into our swimwear and got ready to swim.

As I exited the changing room with Hirata, we were treated with a large pool that we will use.

The chlorine immediately fills my nostrils as we step on the wet floor.

This is giving me flashbacks

The size of this pool is a little smaller then the new Whiteroom facility.

Everything was improved there from the old facility.

That time it wasn't another old factory building.

"This is quite a large pool" remarked Hirata while he admired the entire pool.

"It sure is, I wonder who our teacher is?"

The rest of the boys in Class D finished changing and now all that if left is the girls.

In their own corner, a couple of boys are murmuring about girls swimsuits and such.

Just then, the girls left the classroom in their swimwear in a large group.

They first looked at the perverts in disgust but then their mouths lit up happily when they see me and Hirata.

"Hirata-kun, Yagami-kun, over here!" Karuizawa yelled.

As we approached them, I took a quick analysis of them.

"..."

I think I'm starting to understand why those boys were so excited.

I quickly get rid of any thoughts and walk up to them with a smile.

"Hey everyone, you guys ready to swim?"

"You bet, Yagami-kun!"

They all gathered around Hirata while I watched.

Horikita then stood beside me. At first, I thought she was just standing there but suddenly I realized she's checking me out.

"Horikita?"

"Yagami-kun, do you do sports?"she asks me.

"No I don't, but I do martial arts if that explains anything and I also like to condition my body" I respond.

"I see..."

I look to my left to see Koenji wearing a Speedo...

What is this man? A show-off or some creep that goes around and attempts to seduce every girl he sees?

The swimming instructor then comes out of his hiding to do his job.

"Alright kids! Seems like almost everyone is here. Question, can all of you swim?"

"I can't swim sensei."

"Don't worry son! I'll get you swimming by the summer!" He chuckles and says confidently.

To be honest, I don't think this will be quite a challenge.

I was the best swimmer in the Whiteroom so how can anyone beat me?

"Alright everyone! We'll be doing a swimming competition and the winner gets 5000 Private points!"

The first group of girls then gets into their ready stance.

"I got this Yagami-kun!" Onedera yells out to me.

(I think that's how you spell her name):

I give her a thumbs to let her know I acknowledge.

After the instructor blew the whistle, the group swam until the finish line.

As expected, Onedera won. She's pretty good at swimming I can't lie.

After a couple of other groups went, it was me, Hirata, Sudo, Miyake, and Koenji left.

"Haha! I guess I'll just have to show what my perfect existence can do!" Koenji proudly exclaims.

I roll my eyes and get ready to swim.

The whistle goes off as we all jump in the pool.

Surprisingly, Koenji is in first so I pick up speed to catch up to him.

There's no way he can beat me.

It's not possible.

I try my hardest but in the end, he wins by 1-2 seconds.

"Tsk"

"Haha! A worthy challenge but not enough to beat me!"

Maybe I'm out of condition? But I've been doing light works to keep me in shape.

Perhaps he has more strength than me? It can't be, no one can beat a Whiteroom student.

(Although it says Koenji was perhaps on par with ayanokoji in the year 2 island exam, that was a weakened ayanokoji. Plus, Koenji only needs a little rest so he kinda has an advantage. Also ayanokoji let go of the rope for efficiency. Now, this is a level 5 but the better the lead student in the generation does, the higher the difficulty increases. But just so I don't anger anyone and perhaps give a difficult challenge to Yagami, I'll just have Koenji win).

"That was awesome Yagami-kun!"

Clearing my head so I don't lose my act, I return back to my normal 'self' and converse with my classmates.

That Koenji guy, I wonder where he got all that talent.

At the end of the day, we played in the pool until class ended. I couldn't chase the thought of Koenji being stronger than me.

It's like I've gone back in time to when I still wasn't stronger than someone like Shiba-sensei.

(He could have been an instructor)

It made me frustrated but I eventually got better than him.

I wonder if Koenji is a natural genius, or an artificial one.

Only time will tell.

But it won't matter.

I'll beat him.

In fact, I might just kill him if I can. Maybe that way I'll feel better.

He can't beat us, and I'll make sure of it.

Sleep with one eye open, Koenji.

My plan is already in action.

You won't even see it coming.