Chapter Fourteen

Colors swirl and congeal into shapes, time becoming an elusive ghost as reality seems to slip away from Beomgyu. He looks at the path in front of him, adorned with vibrant colors and whispering melodies, a paradise far removed from the nightmare he's been living through. And for the first time in a while, he embraces the unknown, taking his time walking towards the pristine river in front of him. The water sparkles like liquid diamonds, falling like silk between his fingers when he reaches down to run a hand through it. The air is warm, full of the scents of blossoming flowers and filling him with a comforting embrace.

He wanders upon a secluded area where the air around him is heavy with the scent of dew kissed grass. A single lotus flower dances upon the rippling surface of the water like an ethereal being and Beomgyu leans down to admire it closely. A frown makes its way upon his face when he remembers the bracelet Taehyun got him, and how he lost it the night Seiji took him.

The symphony of scattered trinkets still dances through his mind at the thought, seemingly suspended in time. The distinctive jingle of the tiny bluebells entwined in the bracelet's links echoed throughout the quiet room before everything went black for him.

He shakes the thoughts from his head, reaching out to touch the delicate flower in front of him. Fingertips caress the velvety softness, sensations of purity and calmness enveloping his being. The petals seem to whisper secrets to him, telling tales of resilience. The vibrant petals range in hues of pink, white, and violet, all blooming proudly in perfect harmony. The flower holds a captivating presence, as if it is acknowledging his presence and inviting him to discover its secrets.

The breeze is calming, flowing through his hair as he closes his eyes and allows himself to be bathed in a sense of serenity. He had almost forgotten that peace was even a thing. And in this moment, he feels everything slipping away from him. He forgets about the past few months and all that has transpired, only focusing on the scenery around him.

But just as quickly as Beomgyu's heart soars, a bitter wind begins to stir from above. Dark clouds gather menacingly in the sapphire sky, casting an ominous shadow over the once illuminated dreamscape. An unexplainable sorrow radiates from the vibrant lotus, its pink hues dimming into a melancholic gray.

Confusion seeps into his veins as he watches the slow dissolution. The once vibrant petals transform into wilted remnants, ragging under the weight of invisible burdens. The very essence of the lotus flower seems to wane, mirroring the desperation that consumes his own waking life.

With a final breathless gasp, the flower succumbs to its decay. It's once graceful form crumbling into lifeless fragments in front of him, and his heart clenches at realization that his own will to survive has faded away, lost somewhere in the realm of lost dreams.

The air feels cold and sterile, sending a shiver down Beomgyu's spine, awakening his senses. Confusion hangs heavily in the air as his groggy mind struggles to piece together the fragments of his hazy memory. Slowly, like a fading dream, the reality of his horrific ordeal emerges from the depths of his subconscious. The screech of tires, the deafening crash, the sickening impact. The car wreck – the horrifying snapshot of a fleeting moment forever imprinted in his mind.

Panic courses through his veins as fragmented memories trickle back, like water through a cracked dam, and he knows that Seiji will be coming back at any moment, undoubtedly pissed at him. His heart wracks with the fear and anguish of what's going to happen to him.

With trembling hands, he clutches onto the thin sheets covering his body, wishing that he was able to hide underneath them and disappear from the world. The steady beeping of the monitor beside him fills the room, casting a shadow of anxiety upon his already fragile state. The rhythmic beeping from the monitor mirrors the erratic pounding of his heart, reminding him that he's alive, barely clinging to the thin thread of existence.