Chapter Thirty One

"Taehyun," Beomgyu whines, watching Taehyun sleep peacefully, a wave of excitement washing over him. He's been waiting patiently for Taehyun to wake up for almost two hours now, constantly walking back upstairs to see if the younger is awake yet. After about the fourth time of going upstairs, he decided to finally wake him up.

Gently shaking him, Taehyun groans, mumbling sleepy. "Give me five more minutes, Gyu."

"Okay," he whispers, sitting down on the bed behind Taehyun.

He starts to rub gentle circles on Taehyun's back, feeling the warmth of his skin beneath his fingertips. He traces the contours of his muscles, slowly working his way up and down his spine. A smile makes its way on his face as Taehyun's breathing becomes deeper and more even.

Leaning down, he places tiny kisses on his shoulders, slowly moving up until he reaches the nap of Taehyun's neck. He kisses the area, bringing up his hand to massage Taehyun's shoulder, kneading the tight knots that he finds there.

Taehyun lets out a contented groan, body relaxing under his touch.

"That feels nice," Taehyun mumbles into the pillow.

Beomgyu smiles, feeling a sense of satisfaction for being able to provide him with some relief. He continues to massage his shoulders, working out the remaining knots and tension.

"You're up early," Taehyun comments, rolling over onto his back. "Is everything okay?"

He hums, leaning in and pressing a gentle kiss to his lips. A smile spreads across his face when Taehyun kisses him back, hands coming to wrap around Beomgyu's waist, lips moving in perfect sync with his own.

Taehyun sits up slightly, pulling Beomgyu into his lap and wrapping his arms around him tighter. Their lips meet again in a sweet and tender kiss, the warmth and love between them palpable in the air. Time seems to stand still for him as he traces his fingers across Taehyun's jaw, loving the way Taehyun shudders under his touch. His skin feels nice under his touch, like a silk sheet, warm from the sun.

He pulls away, pressing his forehead against Taehyun's as he closes his eyes. It's quiet between them, a comfortable silence. Taehyun makes him feel comfortable and safe.

"Why are you up so early?" Taehyun asks, raising a brow at him. His hold doesn't falter from around his waist, making sure to keep Beomgyu close.

He places another small kiss on Taehyun's lips. "I've got a surprise for you."

"What is it?" he murmurs, voice groggy.

"Well, if I tell you that defeats the whole surprise part of it. Don't you think so?" Beomgyu asks, tilting his head to the side. He feels like a puppy with floppy ears right now, especially with how his hair falls to the side.

Taehyun laughs but reluctantly gets up, moving Beomgyu off of his lap. He pouts at the lack of contact but gets up anyway, stretching once he gets off the bed. He grabs Taehyun's hand in his own, dragging him down the stairs two at a time, too excited to care about taking his time.

He stops at the bottom step, turning around to stop Taehyun from walking any closer.

"Cover your eyes," he instructs, excitedly bouncing on his heels when Taehyun closes his eyes. He holds his hand over Taehyun's face, just in case he gets the great idea of trying to peek.

He adjusts Taehyun, making sure that he's standing in front of the counter before removing his hand from over Taehyun's eyes. "Wait, don't open them yet," he rushes out, rearranging a few things on the counter.

"Okay, now you– wait give me one more second," he pouts when he hears Taehyun laughing softly from behind him, grabbing a pack of candles from one of the drawers, placing it neatly on the counter. "Now you can open them."