Chapter Forty

Beomgyu yawns, stretching his arms above his head as his eyes flutter open, slowly waking up. The room is still dark, the only noise coming from the hum of the fan. He settles back into the pillow, hair sprawling messily underneath him as his gaze falls on Taehyun, his chest rising and falling with each breath he takes. He loves watching Taehyun sleep, loving the way his features relax and eyelashes flutter against his cheeks.

He reaches out a hand, gently brushing a strand of hair off of his forehead. Taehyun stirs in his sleep slightly but doesn't wake up.

Beomgyu moves closer, wrapping his arm around Taehyun's waist, head resting against his chest. He lays there silently for a moment, enjoying the warmth radiating off of the younger. It's a Monday, which sucks because he already knows Taehyun is going to spend the majority of the day in his office, working on whatever they make him do. He hates that Taehyun has to stay cooped up in the office all day, but at least it's a little better than him having to drive to work.

As much as he loved going to the mountains, he missed being in the comfort of their own home.

He gently runs his fingers over Taehyun's chest, feeling the softness of his skin and the gentle curve of his muscle. He sighs out of boredom, rolling back over to his side of the bed. Pushing the covers off of himself, he quietly makes his way to the door, tensing up when it creeks on its hinges – a loud, sharp noise that echoes through the silent room.

Taehyun is still sound asleep though, nestled comfortably in the blankets.

He closes the door quietly, tiptoeing down the stairs to not wake anyone else up. Soobin and Yeonjun slept over last night after dropping Kai off at his place. The fact that Kai chose to go home rather than staying an extra night with him made him a bit sad, but he tries to be understanding. It's been a week since Kai was able to sleep in his own bed and sharing a room with Soobin and Yeonjun probably isn't the quietest experience.

They've all been friends for such a long time, but here lately he feels like he's losing all of them – Kai specifically. And he's sure it's all in his head, but it doesn't make the pain any less real. He's glad that Kai is closer with Taehyun now, but he didn't know it would mean losing the relationship he already has with Kai.

But maybe that's also his fault. He's been so snappy with everyone the past few months and continuously shutting them out, even though it was the last thing he meant to do. There's so many emotions that he's been feeling and he has no clue how to deal with any of them.

The old wooden floorboard creaks beneath his weight as he steps off of the last step, now standing in the living room. The soft glow of the lamp is the first thing to catch his attention, followed by a familiar figure sprawled out on the couch. Yeonjun is asleep on one of the couches, caught in a tangled mess of blankets and pillows.

He walks over quietly, trying to not wake up Soobin who is on the couch across from him. Beomgyu crouches beside the couch, gently shaking Yeonjun's shoulder. "Hey, Jun?" He whispers, trying to wake Yeonjun up quietly.

Yeonjun stirs, eyes fluttering open. He looks up at Beomgyu with bleary eyes, undoubtedly disoriented from being woken up so early in the morning. "What?" He mumbles, voice husky from sleep.

"I couldn't go back to sleep," Beomgyu mumbles, glancing over at Soobin to make sure he's still asleep. "Will you go outside with me? It doesn't have to be for long, I just really want to get out for a minute."

Yeonjun's gaze slowly focuses and he sits up, rubbing his eyes. "What time is it?"

"It's like four or something."