Chapter 13

One thing that Tripitaka wanted to Stop

One thing that Tripitaka wanted to Stop. Was the Cycle.

The Cycle of Unseen and Rebirth. He wanted to stop it, he was Blind when he was just a child but once the elder Monks told him of who he really is....and what he's capable of. He was burdened. Though that didn't stop him from Learning Arcane arts and Magic, honing his power and mastering it.

The older he gets, he sees and hears whispers within his soul. Old soul per se. A soul that's been reincarnated for many years.

The Golden Cicada.

He doesn't know how many times this Celestial has been reincarnated but....the Monks did say that....many times this Celestial has been in the Mortal realm and died many times, the Golden Cicada Taking many forms.

It took some years for him, but his soul Finally showed him his Past versions. Reincarnation has no favoritism, and he Witnessed it. He saw hundreds of people glowing Gold, from man to woman and even children. It was Unsettling yes but All of them tried.
His past lives lived up to the Celestial name the Golden Cicada. Although some of them didn't like it, they still left legacies to those they protected and loved.

But....like a blessing there's also a curse.

Every Incarnation of the golden Cicada. Must Serve their purpose

What was his Mission back then?

Simple

The journey to the West

Tripitaka lived and Served his purpose. To meet his disciples and Also the Scriptures, his time was limited but he did it anyways.

And he didn't regret it.

'Atleast....Donghai won't Experience the tragedies that all of us has faced'

'Did I do it? Was it really Broken?'

He really hoped so. Or else his Efforts of Planning will be nothing but just burnt ashes. Like they said, the Cycle ended to him. But he broke it, he passed down the soul and power of the golden Cicada to Donghai.

And then...she could do the same.

She can choose her next Succesor.

'Instead of Reincarnations....I'd like to see a growing numbers of different People who inherited the Cicada'

'Not dead bodies....but brave souls who carried on the Light'

"Master this road looks so Familiar"

Tripitaka Blinked, snapping out of his thoughts he Chuckled and looked at his Disciple "Ah! This is the road to Chang'an!" Ao Lie Grinned, they must've Teleported far again but to see this road boy. He could turn to his horse form and just Jump around, it's kinda Nostalgic to see. "Huh Indeed you're right" He Awed, eyes wandering around the road and so are the trees and stone "Let's continue on the road, Ao Lie you can Carry Mei she seems about to have some Noodle legs" He Chuckled, and Mei who's breathing heavily behind him Gasped and Grumbled "Hey! Im not!" She hissed but Ao Lie listened to his master and Immediately Carried her up with no problem.