24. Unending dilemma

Jungkook takes calm and calculated steps towards the restroom. His hands were shaking at the thought of him being pregnant.

Before meeting this lady, Jungkook knew that he was not eligible for pregnancy but, the moment the kind lady narrated the story of the transgender couple, Jungkook had his heart thumping crazily. The thought of 'what if it is true' shook jungkook to his very core.

He twisted the door knob to the washroom and entered inside.

He huffs slightly before undoing the packaging of the pregnancy test and undoing his pants. He then sits calmly on the toilet seat and with a lot of struggle puts it down there to exactly pee on the stick. With every drop of Pee, jungkook was literally shuddering.

In life, when we do something generalized, like operations or surgeries, we know their possibilities of failures or success but in this case, jungkook did not know the consequences of being pregnant. A gay? On top of that pregnant? Without marraige? The poor guy felt his head spinning.

When he was finally done, jungkook squeezes his eyes tight and got the stick in front of him. He knew he had to face it, so he slowly opened them and what he saw was not what he wanted to see.

Never in a million years, jungkook knew that the pregnancy stick would come with two red lines, one dark and another faded when he pees on it. Afterall he was a male right? This was not at all possible.

Jungkook got up in a little hurry and confusion,  and flushed the toilet before running towards the counter.

He said nothing and just extended the stick towards the lady.

"You gave me a corrupted or some kind of defected piece right?"jungkook asks with anger and defeat written all over his countenance.

"Not at all my boy. Look what do we have here? Congratulations!" The lady says and jungkook's blood boiled.

"Just to prove your point that males can get pregnant you did this? How cheap! You know at this moment, my mental health seems entirely messed up. " jungkook says shouting

"It is ok my boy. Take a chill pill. Get yourself checked from the doctor and you shall very conveniently find the truth" the lady said with so much confidence that jungkook was almost convinced.

"You are kidding" jungkook laughs like a maniac at her.

Just at that moment, taehyung entered the shop again to check on jungkook.

"What is happening here?" Taehyung asks furrowing his brows suspiciously.

"Oh babe, you are here! Have a look at this " jungkook hands over the stick to taehyung supressing his laugh.

"Oh geez! You are pregnant" taehyung says in a jubilant tone.

"Oh no" jungkook says and laughs again

"Taehyung, I am a boy. How can I get pregnant? This is obviously a sick joke." Jungkook says with giggles interrupting his words but taehyung remained silent.

"It could possibly be a hundred percent true" taehyung says with a straight face which made jungkook laugh harder.

Taehyung was a little pissed. He took out his phone and googled   'Can a pregnancy stick prove a Male's pregnancy'

The search engine worked oddly slow today but within a minute the answer was there in front of their eyes and their all beating hearts came at a halt.

"It does" taehyung says and cover his mouth with his own two hands and looks at jungkook with wide eyes

"Let us consult a doctor as soon as possible" taehyung says and goes near jungkook and rubs his belly gently, who was physically numb at this point.

He took hold of jungkook's hand and both walked out simultaneously also hearing a  'Best of luck' from the kind lady.

Both took a seat in the car and taehyung called aunt june to inform her about their delay. Although she was reluctant of the fact, she had to half-heartedly except it and think of a solid plan to dupe taehyung's parents yet again.

Not very far from the medical shop, was a renowned gynaecologist's clinic.
Taekook entered inside and got their appointment written.

They were sent in, quite quick which was not the general case, since the doctor right inside, was a very famous one.

Both walked in, and now jungkook was experiencing an actual emotional turmoil. His eyes watered as soon as they entered the doctor's cabin. Was he the same boy who was laughing at the lady in the shop? Probably. Nonetheless he controlled these intrusive feelings and misleading thoughts to listen to what the doctor had to say.

"Yes he is pregnant mostly. We do need to get an ultrasound, just to be extra sure." The doctor says calmly while examining the pregnancy stick handed over by taehyung. He then leads them both to the ultrasound room. Taehyung had a seat near the patient bed and jungkook lays down.

The doctor puts on a glove and takes the cold liquid, applying it on jungkook's rather warm belly. Jungkook hissed at the coldness while the doctor eyed him concerned but then was reassured when he realized it might just be due to jungkook getting an ultrasound for the first time.

"Relax" the doctor says while taehyung holds jungkook's hands caressing the back of it.

The doctor starts moving the machine all over jungkook's stomach.

On the other side

Junie receives a call from taehyung's parents, and she just smirked in relief. This time, the woman had prepared every answer and left no stones unturned. She picked the call swiftly.

"Yes sis" junie says, and one could immediately make out the difference between her present tone and her tone when she spoke previously with the Kims.

"Where is Taehyung? Hasn't he returned yet?" Mrs.kim speaks from the other line