10

I was writing my potion's essay at my desk in our living room while Moony sat next to me going over the class for tomorrow with the third years. I finished it rather quickly as I had made the potion before. When the ink had dried up, I rolled up the parchment and stuffed it in my bag. I pushed myself backwards and stood up. Just two small steps further and I was standing behind him, leaning over his shoulder to look at the lesson plan.

"Oh!" I gasped as I saw what he was going to do tomorrow. "A boggart! Where did you find one?"

"In Filch's filing cabinet."

"The caretaker? How did it get in there?"

"Don't know." He said as he filled in the steps.

"Can I come and watch?" I asked excitedly. Remus turned a little in his chair to look at me with raised eyebrows. "Oh, come on!" I whined a little. "It's been years since I've seen one. See, your class is in fourth period, that's my free one." I grinned.

"And do you want to face it yourself? The last time..."

"No." I shook my head. "I'll keep my distance if you want me to. But I did defeat the last one, remember."

"I do, but you had nightmares for a week, cub."

"I'll be fine." I waved him off and leaned my head on his shoulder. "Please." I looked at him with my pleading puppy eyes.

"Alright fine."

"You're the best." I screamed and hugged him. I gave him a chaste kiss on the cheek and headed towards the door.

"Where are you headed?" He called after me.

"Even with the Wolfsbane, you still want to go hide out in that Shrieking shack. I'm going to see if that's suitable for us."

"Us?" Remus jumped up. "You're not coming, Alec."

"But I am." I turned to him. "I always do, uncle Moony. Ever since I became an Animagus. We both know it's perfectly safe, now even more so with the Wolfsbane potion. You won't change my mind."

Remus groaned in his hands, and then his hand ran tiredly through his hair. "Fine, fine." He slumped back in his chair. "Don't tell anyone, alright?

"I never do. That's the benefit of not sleeping in the Gryffindor tower, otherwise it's harder to explain." I glanced at my watch. "I'll be back in an hour."

"Remember what I told about how to get in!" He called as I walked out the door.

"See you later!" I called back just before the door closed behind me.

Yeah, alright. The Shrieking shack was true to its name – a shack -. It was worn down, battered and the floorboards creaked so loud, I thought I might fall through. I toddled on through the shack on my four white paws and when I reached the first landing, I transfigured back into my human body. My breath got caught up in my throat as I looked around the room Remus told me about. It was the room he used to stay in during his school days. The room he had torn apart, where his friends joined him on his monthly nights. When I was younger, I never seen his wolf side. He was always far away from me, so I never knew what he did or how he felt during that time. But seeing all the scratches on the walls and the floor, broken glass and still some fur scattered around the room, it hit me hard. I started my Animagus training the first year I started school. He had told me when I was nine what his friends did for him, and I wanted to do the same. I wanted to be with him, help him. Repay what he did for me for all those years. I read up as much as I could before school and once I started, I began the process to become one. I was hard work, and the teachers didn't want me to start that young, but I pushed my will. The teachers had tested me on other things to see how I would react, to see if I was physically and emotionally ready to undergo it all. And after a year of extra testing, they agreed to let me start in my second year with a private tutor to help me. Only two of my friends knew about it, as the teachers wanted it to keep it quiet. Remus was surprised what my form was, seeing that Sirius was a large black dog and I turned into a wolf. He thought it was a mixture of the two of them, of Sirius and Remus. But a being of light, my fur was so white, Remus always said it radiated of warmth, love, good. The light in the dark, a large contrast to Sirius's black dog form. Even after my success of becoming an Animagus, Remus didn't want to let me come with him during a full moon. I convinced him to let my tutor come with us for the first few times, and after two successful times, I'd go with him alone. Once we had found someone to make Wolfsbane, those nights went even easier, but my uncle never trusted himself and we always go to an abandoned or locked place for those nights.