45

So, the past week before Harry left for Black's house, we spend a lot of the time in the basement working on improving his potions. When Harry wasn't under the scrutinizing eye of Severus Snape, he wasn't half bad. The two boys didn't speak much, but Draco helped him in his sneering way. When the sun came out and the days were beautiful, I dragged them both out to the garden. Remus and Narcissa nearly fainted one day when the two boys were flying in the garden together but not together. Harry had left two days ago, and it was now the day of the housewarming party. The sun was out again, so I picked a light summer dress before heading down for breakfast.

"Morning." I kissed Cissy's and Moony's cheek, before sitting down next to my uncle. I was happy to note that Narcissa took my advice. The elves weren't wearing old rags anymore. My aunt had bought them fabrics which they could make their own clothes from. The one, who handed me a plate with bacon and eggs, wore a sort of dark green kimono. "What time do we leave?"

"Noon." Remus said sipping his tea. "We can go on foot." Narcissa and I looked surprised to Remus. "The house is only two blocks away."

"Why did he floo over here then?" Narcissa huffed.

"Because he's lazy." Remus shrugged with a little smile. His eyes glazed over, like he was thinking back about something that happened a long time ago. "I've found a new job, cub."

"Really? That's great, Moony!" I hugged him tight. "As what?"

"As a librarian."

"I don't think there is anything better, except..."

"Not again, Alec." He groaned, letting his head fall back.

"What is she talking about?" Narcissa asked as she cut her toast.

"Nothin-"

"Opening his own shop. It's his dream." I interrupted him with a glare.

"Why haven't-" Narcissa stopped when Draco came sauntering in, with little eyes. His hair was messy, and he was still in his bathrobe. I'm guessing I, alongside the others on the table, were the only ones who had seen him like this. Even with Harry staying for two weeks, he had never seen it. Always showered and got dressed before he headed down.

"Still want to go?" He asked me, and I nodded. "I'll go get ready in a minute. First-" Before he could finish his sentence, I handed him a cup of tea, just how he liked. He smiled after he took a sip.

A couple of hours later, the four of us were walking to Black's new house. Narcissa hasn't asked about the shop yet, but I knew she was dying to ask. The truth was... He didn't have the money. I already told him to take it from my account, but he flatly refused. I even suggested I'd loan it to him, but still a no-go. I was still figuring out a way to convince him, really. Draco and I were talking about going to Diagon Alley to get our school things, when Remus and Cissy stopped in front of us. I glanced up at a large house, a manor really. Not one like Malfoys which was pretty dark, but light and smaller. But how can it not be? Malfoy Manor was ridiculously large. It had white wooden panels and a bright blue door. Grass and trees surrounded the property, secluding it from the surrounding houses. Before any of us had the time to step to the front door, the door flew open. Harry grinned when he saw me and ran towards us. He flung his arms around me in a tight hug.

"It's been two days." Draco muttered, but another voice said just the same. I glanced over to Harry's shoulder. Sirius Black was looking at us with a curious expression. I looked away from his eyes, the exact copy of mine as I pulled back. I grinned at Harry.