76

Happy Update Monday

After our meeting about the last task, I quickly excused myself and hurried outside. When no one was around, I transformed into Loki and ran through the woods. I needed some time to process it all. Harry looked concerned when he noticed my face pale, but I disappeared from the castle before he could say anything. I spend the whole day in the forbidden forest, so I wasn't surprised to find the twins frantically pacing in the common room. Angelina and Lee simultaneously let out a breath of relief and their shoulders sagged. When Fred and George noticed me, they gathered me in a tight hug, like they never would let me go. I wrapped my arms around their necks and breathed them in. It calmed me instantly.

"I'm sorry. I just needed time." I said when I pulled back reluctantly.

"It's okay. We understand. Harry told us." They leaned down and kissed the corner of my mouth, it made me smile.

"Where is Harry?" I asked when I saw Hermione and Ron sitting alone with textbooks spread around them.

George looked around the common room. "He was here earlier but disappeared about an hour ago. He didn't tell anyone where he was going."

"Hm." I frowned. "I know I'm only back for a minute, but I need to find him."

"It's okay. You'll know where to find us." Fred winked.

I couldn't help but kiss their cheeks before I walked out of the common room. I had an idea where I could find Harry if he wasn't with Ron or Hermione. And my guess was correct when I found him in our training room. And like I knew he would, he wasn't alone. I heard their voices filter softly from the door. Only because of my wolf/werewolf hearing I was able to hear it as I walked closer to the room.

"Alec looked so spooked. And if she's afraid of the maze, what does that mean for me?"

"She'll get through it." Draco's voice so gentle. He had never talked to Harry like that. "And so are you. I know it's supposed to be one winner, but if you find each other, maybe you can work together. Win together."

"Maybe... We do work well together." It was silent for a moment before Harry gasped softly. "Draco."

As I arrived, I opened the door and just saw their intertwined pinkies before they jumped apart. Draco must've taken the first move. I smiled softly at them. "You don't need to hide anything from me."

"We're not hiding anything." Draco said hurriedly.

"Right." I let the word stretch out with a smile. "How do you feel about the third task?" I asked Harry.

He shrugged. "I've faced deadly creatures before, so I should be fine." He said as if it was nothing, but something flickered in his eyes. Draco seemed to notice it too but didn't say anything.

Harry was a great wizard. He faced more than a kid his age should have. With the acromantula, the basilisk, the three headed dog, Voldemort himself... But still, I worry for him, for me. Maybe Draco was right, and we should work together. I had no doubt the maze would be even worse than the nightmares I was having about the third task. I glanced to Draco, who was watching Harry with mixed emotions. Fear, proud and if I dare say... longing. But Harry's gaze was fixed on his wand as he twirled it between his fingers.

"Alright, if you're so confident." I took a stance in the middle of the room and gestured him over. "Come fight me, Potter."

"Uncle Moony? Sirius?" I called out after I walked inside the house.

"Alec?" Two voices came from different sides. Moony came out of the library while Sirius walked out of kitchen wiping his hands on a frilly pink apron. Under other circumstances I would have laughed.