42

It was nearly four o'clock when Harry and I sat down on a bench in the busy wizarding street, catching our breaths. We placed the bags at our feet and leaned back.

Harry smiled as he closed his eyes, turning his head towards the sun. "Thanks, Alec. This was really fun."

"Any time." I smiled as my head lolled to the side, so I could look at him. "I mean it, anytime you want to have a break from the Dursleys, just write to me and I'll be there within an hour."

He opened his eyes and smiled softly at me. "Thanks, but my time with the Dursleys is almost up. But I still want to meet up, but just because I like hanging out with you, not because I need an escape." He said blushing slightly.

"I like hanging out with you too, Harry. Obviously, otherwise I wouldn't-" I stopped with a little frown. "What did you mean your time at the Dursleys is almost up?"

"I - I can move in with Sirius on the fifteenth. He bought a house last week and the papers are nearly in order."

"That's good." I smiled. "I'm really happy for you, Harry."

"You're not mad?"

"Why would I be mad? You're finally getting a home where you're wanted."

"You're welcome too, you know." He said as he shifted more so he fully faced me. "Have you talked to him?"

"No." I said as I looked away. Harry placed his hand on my arm, making me turn. His eyes were nearly pleading.

"Talk to him. I'm not saying this to make you feel bad, but he's really lost at the moment. Doesn't know what to do with himself."

"That's probably just because he isn't used to his freedom anymore."

"It's not. He visited me two weeks ago, it's you, Alec."

I sighed and leaned my head back, looking at the clouds that floated by. My head snapped back when I heard someone call my name.

"ALEC!" I saw Angelina run to me, Lee strolling behind her with a silly smile. I jumped up from the bench just as she hurdled herself at me.

"Ange!" I smiled against her shoulder. "What are you doing here?" I asked when we pulled back, Lee came over to kiss my cheek.

"Getting our school supplies. You?"

"Hanging out with Harry. Did the letters arrive?"

"Yeah, this morning."

"The results." I whispered to myself. I looked back up to Angelina and Lee. "How did you do?"

"Five O's, four E's and one A's." I smiled at Angelina's beaming smile and turned to Lee.

"Three O's, four E's, two A's and one P."

"What? Where did you get a Poor in?" I chuckled.

"Divination." Lee shrugged with a grin.

"Ah, well. That's okay then." I clapped his shoulder.

"Want to come and have a drink with us?" Angelina asked, pointing at the Leaky.

"We were just about to go." I looked to Harry, who shrugged a little. "But I think we can go for one drink."

"Brilliant." Angelina looped her arm through mine and led me to the pub, Harry and Lee trailed behind us.

Harry and I stumbled through the fireplace without anything going amiss. Dusting my clothes off, I stepped inside the large room. "Uncle Moony!" I called out. I heard footsteps run over and Remus looked at me with worrying eyes.