79

Update Monday!

Only one chapter for this year 😯

"Lumos." We both whispered as we walked through the dark maze. We walked in silence together for a while before we reached a fork. The hedges looked a shade darker here, but that could be because there was no light other than our wands.

I blew out a trembling breath and hugged Harry tight. "Be careful." I whispered.

He nodded against my shoulder. "You too."

I offered him a small smile, trying to hide my own nerves. "See you at the finish line." Then we parted ways.

The maze grew darker every few feet and I let a ball of light float before me giving me more light than the Lumos charm did. Sometimes the hedges rustled like something would jump out of it, but so far nothing. Just a dark, creepy maze. I breathed in deep and slow, trying to calm my racing heart.

No, death eaters. There will be no death eaters. I mumbled to myself.

I was debating if I should turn into Loki or not. But before I could decide, a horde of Blast-Ended Skrewts hurried their way over to me. They were enormous.

"For fuck's sake!" I grumbled. I pointed my wand at them. "Bombarda!" At least five of them blew up in front of me. "Sorry, Hagrid." I mumbled. I tossed the other ones in the air with a wave of my wand and ran.

I turned left, then right. Left again, straight ahead. I was getting out of breath from the continuous running. I stopped and doubled over, heaving short breaths. Just as I regained my normal breathing, green bolts of light shot towards me. I ducked just in time before the killing curse could hit me. I looked around but no one was there. Another green flash. Nobody was actually trying to kill me, so the only thing it could be was... My eyes widened. I jumped to my feet and faced the first green bolt and yelled. "Riddikulus!" The green bolt turned into a ball and exploded with a dusty puff.

I started moving again and changed into Loki, the white light still following me in the maze. Three times I reached a dead end. The maze looked so much smaller on the outside. When I turned from my last dead end, and I plucked a leave from the bush in frustration, I saw red sparks fly up in the air. My heart stammered a bit. Who could be in trouble? Harry, Fleur, Viktor? At least it meant they were being rescued, that they were safe. I hope. Students have died in previous tournaments... I shook those thoughts away and focussed back to the present.

I saw branches above me trying to grab onto the presence here, like they could sense me but since I was Loki, I was partly hidden from it. I couldn't imagine being grabbed by those branches, being pulled into the thick bush, being choked to death.

I came to a two-way passage, I looked from left to right, trying to decide what way to go. But suddenly I was being lift in the air by nothing. I scrambled and kicked as Loki, but I couldn't get down. I let out a high-pitched howl, that echoed through the maze. The invisible force that kept me in the air, made me curl into myself.

No! No! I won't let myself get beaten like this! I changed back. "Finite." The invisible force faltered for a moment but held on. "Finite Incantatem!" I cried out. And I fell to the ground. I fell on my wrist first and heard a loud, sickening crack. I gritted my teeth together, trying not scream out in pain. I couldn't turn into Loki anymore. It would hold me back.

Taking deep breaths, I stood up and held my broken wrist to my chest. With my wand in front of me, I started moving forwards again. Another dead end. Then... Viktor.

He had pointed his wand at me, his eyes crazed. Glazed over with an enchantment. "CRUCIO!" He shouted.

I ducked to the side, but the curse hit my already injured arm. I cried in pain as I fell to the ground. "Viktor! Viktor! Snap out of it!" I yelled even though I knew it wouldn't help.