55

The next morning, Jack was waiting for me at the entrance hall. He was casually leaning against the wall, his arms crossed over each other. He was smiling and winking at the girls that passed him. He was even more handsome than he was over a year ago, his childish features long gone. He's a lady's magnet, that's for sure. Alicia tugged my sleeve.

"I can't believe you dated him! He's so hot!"

The twins snorted and I pursed my lips at them. "He is good looking, isn't he? But first and foremost, he's my best friend. I've known him for ages."

"So, you two are not together?"

I was just starting to like Alicia, but her wanting to pound on him the minute he arrived, stirred something in me. I breathed in deep, my eyes on Jack, whose smile broadened when he saw me approach. Angelina must've noticed because she jumped in before I exploded.

"Merlin, Alicia. Can you not jump on him the second he arrives."

"I-"

"He's not only her best friend, but also her ex." She continued. "And obviously, they still love each other very much."

It was true, what Angelina said. What kind of love it was, was still up in the air. But I was happy for her support. I glanced at the twins, but their faces were set in stone. I sighed before smiling up at Jack. He pushed himself off the wall and wrapped his arm around me. "Goeiemorgen."

"Morning." I smiled up at him. "Where's Jazz?"

"Still snoring in the carriage." He snickered. "Have you put your name in yet?"

"Last night with Angelina, you?"

"Was planning on doing it now, care to join?"

"Yeah, the twins were going to put their names in anyway."

Jack looked up at the twins, smiling. "Good luck, mates."

The twins looked surprised at him, since they barely had said two sentences to him. "Oh, thanks." They murmured.

"Come on, let's go, then we can get some breakfast." Angelina said, already tugging Lee towards the Entrance Hall where the Goblet was stationed. Alicia followed them silently, then the twins and us. Jack swished a piece of parchment elegantly out of his blue silk robes. He shot me a wink before crossing the age line swiftly. With a typical Beauxbatons flair, he tossed it in fire, under applause from the other students. Harry, Hermione and Ron were sitting on one of the benches, clapping alongside the others. Jack came back, swinging his arm around me again. The twins were whispering in the corner, glancing at the Goblet.

"Ik ben zo terug." I whispered to Jack, who nodded.

I walked over to the twins, and slightly touched their arms. "Hey." They both turned to me with a soft smile. "Are you okay?"

They both placed a hand over mine that rested on their arms. "Yeah, just wondering if whether it is still worth it because you put your name in." Fred winked.

I pushed their arms, but they took my hands in theirs, letting them hang between us. They intertwined their fingers with mine and I allowed them. The moment our fingers closed around each other; it shot a shock through my whole body. Ignoring the weird sensation, and the twins inquiring eyes on me, I stood on my toes and kissed their cheeks.

"Good luck." I said as I pulled my hands out of theirs. I looked down, hiding a blush before turning on my heel towards Jack.

"It's not going to work." Hermione said in a sing along voice. The twins ignored her, but I shot her a glare. I usually liked Hermione, but this was not the time.